AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shooting Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act passed. (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41423)

PHC1 12-07-2017 12:05 AM

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act passed.

The House of Representatives approved legislation loosening gun regulations and allowing those with permits to carry concealed weapons to legally travel with those firearms to other states.

Cohibaman 12-07-2017 12:17 AM

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...ry-reciprocity

mtroo 12-07-2017 12:25 AM

I read the NRA link. What happens when a legal concealed carry permit holder in Iowa drives to Pennsylvania? Through Illinois? My understanding is the hand gun laws in Illinois are fairly strict. Would this in fact nullify the laws of Illinois?

PHC1 12-07-2017 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 884426)
I read the NRA link. What happens when a legal concealed carry permit holder in Iowa drives to Pennsylvania? Through Illinois? My understanding is the hand gun laws in Illinois are fairly strict. Would this in fact nullify the laws of Illinois?

“The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act is the culmination of a 30-year movement recognizing the right of all law-abiding Americans to defend themselves, and their loved ones, including when they cross state lines.”

The bill, H.R. 38, ensures that those Americans who can legally carry a concealed firearm in one state will legally be able to do so in every other state.

DonBattles 12-07-2017 02:39 AM

Some key facts:

The bill, which is supported by major pro-Second Amendment groups and has 213 cosponsors, would allow law-abiding citizens with a state-issued concealed carry license or permit to conceal a handgun in any other state that allows concealed carry. It would also allow law-abiding residents of Constitutional carry states the ability to carry in other states that recognize their own residents’ right to concealed carry.
Contrary to the misinformation critics spread, under H.R. 38, states would retain their authority to enact time and place restrictions on where people can lawfully carry in the state.

Weirdcuba 12-07-2017 07:20 AM

Politics?

Karl Maga 12-07-2017 07:46 AM

This needs to become law.

Still-One 12-07-2017 08:38 AM

Nothing good will become of this law.

Formerly YB-2 12-07-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 884466)
Nothing good will become of this law.

As a life-long hunter & competitive shooter I'm not sure that I don't agree with your thinking on this issue. While I have a CC permit (not from NJ, where it is next to impossible to obtain one) I rarely carry, even in states where it is legal. My fear is not not-so-much of my fellow man (do my best to stear-clear of those places) but that I might shoot someone and end up in a civil lawsuit that would put me in a position of not being able to afford the stereo gear I want. In other words, seriously broke. Even if I won my attorney would not be 'free'. My other big fear is that many states have no required training for a CC permit. That means that, just like voting, there is no test/training for same and any clown can/will carry. Likely more unsafe than having no one able to carry. I'm good with my 1911 'bedside' pistol being at my bedside.

crwilli 12-07-2017 09:47 AM

I am on the fence on this law. It seems to me that it will not impact those who are of dubious intent. They carry where they want to. Nor is it going to impact illegal gun movements either.

It will mostly help those who legally carry and live near a state border continue to carry when the make the short travel across their neighbors border. It will also allow all those Florida snowbirds carry as they drive back north each spring.