AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Progression monos and preamp joined my setup (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42580)

Andrew Zakon 03-28-2018 12:37 AM

Progression monos and preamp joined my setup

8 Attachment(s)
Finally the delivery with pair of Dan D’Agostino Progression monos and Progression preamp has arrived. What can I say - it is fabulous. Small photo report from personal meeting and unpacking.

vintage_tube 03-28-2018 12:41 AM

WOOHOO for you Andrew. Congratulations Sir -- they are going to "light" up your Alexxs' like no other Sir.

From one Dan D'Agostino Progression Mono/Preamp owner to another -- So happy for you.

Best Sir,

Bob

Andrew Zakon 03-28-2018 12:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
There were six people present when Dan D’Agostino progression has arrived. Two audiophiles (one has 30 years of experience in this hobby, second - former musician and vinyl lover), two guys - father (former radio equipment engineer) and his son (music lovers who sell the equipment (mostly setups McIntosh and Sonus Faber), me and one of my friends. And while Dan D’Agostino equipment was reaching room temperature. Serious discussion has started.
The two from first mention above group insisted that Progression will make big difference comparing to McIntosh, the second group was stating that money was wasted and we will not hear any big difference compearing to McIntosh MC52 and pair of MC601.
Avoiding descriptions of technical discussion (especially that MC52 is designed by Lyngdorf inside and is the best in the class) the main argument of McIntosh guys was that the most improvement I received from Wilson Audio Alexx speakers and there will not be noticeable improvement with Progression.
So, having both equipment we started the series of short tests:
1. MC52+pair of MC601 (photo 1);
2. MC52+progression monos (photo 2)
3. All Progression preamp and pair of monos (photo 3)
To be continued....

https://www.audioaficionado.org/atta...0&d=1522212984

Andrew Zakon 03-28-2018 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 908443)
WOOHOO for you Andrew. Congratulations Sir -- they are going to "light" up your Alexxs' like no other Sir.

From one Dan D'Agostino Progression Mono/Preamp owner to another -- So happy for you.

Best Sir,

Bob

Thank You very much, Bob.

Antonmb 03-28-2018 01:12 AM

Wow Andrew! Congratulations, that’s one sweet setup. I can’t wait to see the results of your session comparing to the Macs.

ylee 03-28-2018 01:22 AM

Beautiful. Audio jewelry from one of the very best audio engineers in the world.

Sharp 1080 03-28-2018 11:06 AM

Beautiful system

Congratulations Andrew the preamp and amps look great. I so want to read the results of your comparisons.

Still-One 03-28-2018 11:22 AM

Wow. This is about the third person who has moved tp Dan's Progression Series in the last month. Way to go !!!

Antonmb 03-28-2018 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 908491)
Wow. This is about the third person who has moved tp Dan's Progression Series in the last month. Way to go !!!

Maybe there should be a group discount[emoji41]

vintage_tube 03-28-2018 12:43 PM

Andrew, BTW Sir, it was my experience with the progression monos & preamp combination fresh out of the box was less than stellar. They sounded horrible; but, after the 1st hour they opened up a bit and by the time they reached the teen hours, they really started to shine up through their 30th hour. After that, they settled down.

The other owner on AA I know of, Vern (Sharp 1080) had a similar experience with his -- maybe he'll chime in regarding his break in experiences.

So, right out of the box, maybe it's premature to do a A/B as you started amongst your friends.

Dan D'Agostino recommends the amps remain ON (not standby) as long as their isn't any power concerns like fluctuations, potential storm disruptions, etc.

Best Sir,

Bob