AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Transparent Audio Cable (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=14368)

thesaint519 07-17-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renabot77
I want to upgrade in my speaker and interconnect cables. Currently, I have like Transparent super as speaker cables and transparent musiclink as interconnect. My speakers are Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 8 (front) and Wilson Audio Cub (and surround). I own a Meridian 861v6 as a processor and a McIntosh MC 207 as an amplifier. What cables transparent line would bring greater benefit to me? (I want to upgrade my interconnect cables and my front speaker cables at this moment)

I jumped in at the Reference MM1 level, with the intention to update them to MM2 before upgrading them to XLs. I was told, by people greatly respect, that the Ultra MM2s would be the lowest model on the totem poll I should go for the gear i have. Your gear is similar to mine. Therefore, I'd say the Ultra MM2s is at least where you should start.

renabot77 07-17-2012 02:42 PM

Thank you very much, saint. My current financial moment don't allow me to get reference series cables. I could buy only the reference speaker cables with the amount I spent. I chose to improve my interconnect cables together with the speaker cables because I thought would better benefit than just upgrade the speaker cables. Do you think I chose the best solution?

thesaint519 07-17-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renabot77 (Post 338019)
Thank you very much, saint. My current financial moment don't allow me to get reference series cables. I could buy only the reference speaker cables with the amount I spent. I chose to improve my interconnect cables together with the speaker cables because I thought would better benefit than just upgrade the speaker cables. Do you think I chose the best solution?

I, too, am always concerned about how much I'm spending. With two small children, a mortgage, etc, I'm ever cognizant of what I can spend. That is why I've become an hunter of sorts. I'm always on the prowl for deals. I purchased used TA reference from Larry Marcus of Paragon Sight & Sound. And I agree with your approach of getting both ICs and spkr cables simultaneously. That is what I like to do. If the used reference cables are still to rich for your wallet, perhaps you can start with used TA Ultra MM1s. Thoughts?

renabot77 07-18-2012 08:21 AM

It is difficult to find Transparent used cables here in Brazil. Here, the only way to get Transparent cables is with the local dealers and they charge three or four times more then US dealers. I´ll get my ultra cables in New York next month, but I´m not sure these cables are the best choice for my system. Your last posts made me more excited about this deal. Do you think I must consider other options?

Regards,

Renato

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519 (Post 338178)
I, too, am always concerned about how much I'm spending. With two small children, a mortgage, etc, I'm ever cognizant of what I can spend. That is why I've become an hunter of sorts. I'm always on the prowl for deals. I purchased used TA reference from Larry Marcus of Paragon Sight & Sound. And I agree with your approach of getting both ICs and spkr cables simultaneously. That is what I like to do. If the used reference cables are still to rich for your wallet, perhaps you can start with used TA Ultra MM1s. Thoughts?

thesaint519 07-18-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

It is difficult to find Transparent used cables here in Brazil. Here, the only way to get Transparent cables is with the local dealers and they charge three or four times more then US dealers. I´ll get my ultra cables in New York next month, but I´m not sure these cables are the best choice for my system. Your last posts made me more excited about this deal. Do you think I must consider other options?

Regards,

Renato

I've tried several of the industry's best audio cable including MIT Oracle V2.1s. Transparent is the only cable that transformed my system. For me, Transparent is the last stop for me. If you're looking to score some used TA Ultras, PM me. I may be able to help.

renabot77 07-20-2012 03:41 PM

What would be your choice?

a) ultra rca interconnect (Blu-ray Denon A1UCD > Meridian 861) + ultra xlr interconnect (Meridian 861 > McIntosh MC 207) + ultra speaker cables (McIntosh MC 207 > Wilson Audio WattPuppy 8)
b) reference speaker cables (McIntosh MC 207 > Wilson Audio WattPuppy 8)

These choices will cost the same for me. I chose option a until now. However, I can still change the order until early August. Would you change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaint519 (Post 338427)
I've tried several of the industry's best audio cable including MIT Oracle V2.1s. Transparent is the only cable that transformed my system. For me, Transparent is the last stop for me. If you're looking to score some used TA Ultras, PM me. I may be able to help.

thesaint519 07-20-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

a) ultra rca interconnect (Blu-ray Denon A1UCD > Meridian 861) + ultra xlr interconnect (Meridian 861 > McIntosh MC 207) + ultra speaker cables (McIntosh MC 207 > Wilson Audio WattPuppy 8)

These choices will cost the same for me. I chose option a until now. However, I can still change the order until early August. Would you change?

I would choose based on what was most important to me. So if it were me, the reference speaker cable would be first on the list.

HTSteve 07-22-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renabot77 (Post 339235)

I've had a good bit of experience with Transparent cables, both in terms of synergy and 'mixed' levels. I've concluded that their products are best used in synergy. My current cables are Ultra MM2 from source to speaker.

So option A is my choice here. And you can later use the upgrade program for the speaker cables.

Hope this helps.

Still-One 07-22-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTSteve (Post 340131)
I've had a good bit of experience with Transparent cables, both in terms of synergy and 'mixed' levels. I've concluded that their products are best used in synergy. My current cables are Ultra MM2 form source to speaker.

So option A is my choice here. And you can later use the upgrade program for the speaker cables.

Hope this helps.

+1
I agree.

HTSteve 07-22-2012 09:29 PM

renabot77,

Don't forget about power cords as well. They really open up a system.