AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   We should All be Grateful! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=29876)

ehoove 01-20-2015 06:54 PM

I'm glad others feel the same as I do. Some say it is the journey, not the destination. I say it is savoring the journey and enjoying reaching forward to the destination. Of course one must recognize it when and if it is reached. :^)
Regards,
Jim

Apexorca 01-22-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehoove (Post 668577)
I'm glad others feel the same as I do. Some say it is the journey, not the destination. I say it is savoring the journey and enjoying reaching forward to the destination. Of course one must recognize it when and if it is reached. :^)
Regards,
Jim

The destination:
If I'm not there yet, I'm for sure pretty close to it.
One thing I'v noticed is that I do not think about flaws of my gear as I did before. I listening much more to the music without thinking about whats wrong with the presentation, because there is nothing wrong that I noticed. Probably, everything can always be better, but right now I do not have the need for it.
I don't miss how it was before. The HiFi journey, that is.

Now, the music is the journey. Thats even better...

ehoove 01-22-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apexorca (Post 668990)
The destination:
If I'm not there yet, I'm for sure pretty close to it.
One thing I'v noticed is that I do not think about flaws of my gear as I did before. I listening much more to the music without thinking about whats wrong with the presentation, because there is nothing wrong that I noticed. Probably, everything can always be better, but right now I do not have the need for it.
I don't miss how it was before. The HiFi journey, that is.

Now, the music is the journey. Thats even better...

Well said!
Regards,
Jim

Humbuster 01-22-2015 10:17 PM

Great post

Similar to picking a new and different wine. *

Discovering new levels of enjoyment is what moves us all. Sharing our joy with friends and love ones enhances the journey.

* no cork sniffer comments needed.

4Play 01-23-2015 11:23 AM

My humble audio system does not compare to some of the systems I have seen on AA. However, my system puts a smile on my face every time I hear the sound emitting from the speakers.

I am running solid state and tubes in my system, and I love the difference of the sound from both. I must say that I am favoring the tubes over solid state. I am experiencing a holographic 3D texture that I have never experienced before. The music is more robust and alive than ever before. It's really hard to describe unless you have experienced it for yourself.

Is the journey over for me? I'm not sure, but I can honestly say that I am in a more happier place than I have ever been. I'm just taking it one day at a time.