AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   VooDoo Iso-Pod (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=38571)

Audiophilehi 06-26-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 852932)
I have... :whistle:

Nuff said!! :D

Masterlu 06-26-2017 02:27 PM

I like VooDoo products a lot, but this is an area where Stillpoints triumph.

Audiophilehi 06-26-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 852939)
I like VooDoo products a lot, but this is an area where Stillpoints triumph.

Thanks as always Ivan!!:thumbsup:

The Trace 06-26-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 852926)
Have you compared with stillpoints?

Yes..... price disparity does not justify the Stillpoints. Also I am using the Isoacoustics GAIA under my speakers.

The Trace 07-12-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

I was able to do a comparison with one set of borrowed Stillpoints. MY impression.... only marginally better under my TT. I took one apart. It seems to be the same principle but with very tight machining. This may account for the slight acoustic difference and not so slight price difference. Points do have more models and more applications..... and the Voodoo's halves are held together by a neomodium magnet. Drop an Isopod and you WILL be hunting the ceramic balls.

The Trace 07-12-2017 09:37 PM

Comparison

Quote:

I was able to use a set is Stillpoints under my TT. There was a slight sonic difference but IMHO not enough to justify the not so slight price disparity. The Points do have the advantage in applications due to more models. The Isopod halves are held together by a neomodium magnet. The ceramic balls will escape if the Isopod is dropped. The balls in the Points are captive perhaps accounting for the sonic difference. I like my pods.

Audiophilehi 07-12-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Trace (Post 855665)
I was able to use a set is Stillpoints under my TT. There was a slight sonic difference but IMHO not enough to justify the not so slight price disparity. The Points do have the advantage in applications due to more models. The Isopod halves are held together my a neomodium magnet. The ceramic balls will escape if the Isopod is dropped. The balls in the Points are captive perhaps accounting for the sonic difference. I like my pods.

Thanks Trace!!

Appreciate all the effort you put in for the comparison. Gives me something to think about. :thumbsup:

The Trace 07-12-2017 11:54 PM

You are welcome. As always it is MY money and my investment. I just want the best sound I can get with the funds available.

The Trace 07-12-2017 11:57 PM

You are welcome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 855675)
Thanks Trace!!

Appreciate all the effort you put in for the comparison. Gives me something to think about. :thumbsup:

I just want the best sound I can get with the funds available.

Audiophilehi 07-13-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Trace (Post 855685)
You are welcome. As always it is MY money and my investment. I just want the best sound I can get with the funds available.

Agreed! Always looking for bang for the buck! :thumbsup:

I'm sure we would all like to have top shelf systems but have to make the best with the funds we have.