AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Audio Aficionado to invade Atlanta next weekend (trip report) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=47594)

audioguy3107 02-13-2020 06:15 PM

Audio Aficionado to invade Atlanta next weekend (trip report)

So some of us RMAF guys have been talking for the last couple of years about all getting together for some fun in the sun here in Atlanta, GA (to give Marc & Ed a break from the Seattle winter!) . Well barring something unexpected, it's happening next weekend :banana:. I'm going to host an ATL get together....flying in on Saturday will be Marc (2fastdriving), Steve (SL1800), Rob (Robc33) and Tim from Louisiana (Timobi). Jim (WeirdCuba) is gonna hook up with us on Saturday evening for dinner. Ed (For the Love of Music) and Mark (SCAudiophile) are still trying to see if they can make their schedule work out and we're hoping they'll be able to hang with us. Unfortunately Aditya (DocMD) wasn't able to make it this time but hope to have him some other time.

BTW, if any other AA members that I'm not aware of are around the Atlanta area next weekend, please PM me if you want to meet any of us members.

The plan is to pick everyone up from the airport early on Friday, grab some lunch perhaps and head back to my house for an evening of home theater, drinking and audio on the D'agostino, Avalon, VPI and dCS 2 channel system. The plan on Saturday is to hit a late breakfast early lunch and then head to the Audio Co. of Atlanta (if they'll ever call me back) for a demo of the big Von Schweikert reference system among their other lines. We'll probably hit a couple of record stores and then follow it up with a trip over to see Alan at Hifi Buys where Tim (if I can talk him into it) and I may place a deposit on some new gear perhaps????? :yes: If we still have any funds left after Hifi, gonna meet Jim and head to a good restaurant down in midtown before coming back to my place. Hopefully we'll have a heck of a time.....pretty cool how we've all met and gotten to know each other.......we'll have a bunch of pictures to post later on so stay tuned........looking forward to it!

https://media.11alive.com/assets/WXI...5b_750x422.jpg

- Buck

DVass13 02-13-2020 07:16 PM

If I was still back in Asheville I'd love to make the drive down for this. It sounds like a great time and it's been a while since I've stopped by HiFi Buys to demo the dCS Bartok. I just saw they're holding an event next Saturday morning/afternoon with iFi.

2fastdriving 02-13-2020 07:32 PM

Before I visit you, I'm going to visit Steve and see his new Tidals. I don't care about your lowly Avalons! :64714-slap:

Just kidding Buck :D

audioguy3107 02-13-2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 995398)
Before I visit you, I'm going to visit Steve and see his new Tidals. I don't care about your lowly Avalons! :64714-slap:

Just kidding Buck :D

Well......we are all pretty much slumming it compared to Mr. Tidal ya know. :D

Antonmb 02-13-2020 09:17 PM

Sounds like a great weekend, sorry I知 going to miss it, but had to make a choice between Atlanta and Hawaii. Buck, you were a very, very close 2nd. [emoji41]

crwilli 02-13-2020 10:12 PM

So tempting but just not an available time for me.

Thanks for the open invite!

Craig

audioguy3107 02-13-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 995412)
Sounds like a great weekend, sorry I知 going to miss it, but had to make a choice between Atlanta and Hawaii. Buck, you were a very, very close 2nd. [emoji41]

Jeez Tony, I guess I'll let this one slide......

https://i.etsystatic.com/13751308/r/...09059_r5rr.jpg

Weirdcuba 02-13-2020 11:06 PM

I知 leaving our partners meeting in Scottsdale, AZ on Saturday morning (much to the chagrin of my partners) to make it back in time for dinner on Saturday night. Sorry to miss the fun before hand.

Even more sorry not to be able to unveil the Pacific/SuperKomputer combo for you guys. I have the SuperKomputer hooked up now and it is just awesome. As soon as I get some longer XLRs, I値l be in business with the Pacific.

audioguy3107 02-14-2020 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 995432)
I知 leaving our partners meeting in Scottsdale, AZ on Saturday morning (much to the chagrin of my partners) to make it back in time for dinner on Saturday night. Sorry to miss the fun before hand.

Even more sorry not to be able to unveil the Pacific/SuperKomputer combo for you guys. I have the SuperKomputer hooked up now and it is just awesome. As soon as I get some longer XLRs, I値l be in business with the Pacific.

Did you have to tell them you had to leave to meet up with a whole bunch of guys you met on the internet? Wonder how they took it. :laughin:

- Buck

cdobson 02-14-2020 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 995392)
So some of us RMAF guys have been talking for the last couple of years about all getting together for some fun in the sun here in Atlanta, GA (to give Marc & Ed a break from the Seattle winter!) . Well barring something unexpected, it's happening next weekend :banana:. I'm going to host an ATL get together....flying in on Saturday will be Marc (2fastdriving), Steve (SL1800), Rob (Robc33) and Tim from Louisiana (Timobi). Jim (WeirdCuba) is gonna hook up with us on Saturday evening for dinner. Ed (For the Love of Music) and Mark (SCAudiophile) are still trying to see if they can make their schedule work out and we're hoping they'll be able to hang with us. Unfortunately Aditya (DocMD) wasn't able to make it this time but hope to have him some other time.

BTW, if any other AA members that I'm not aware of are around the Atlanta area next weekend, please PM me if you want to meet any of us members.

The plan is to pick everyone up from the airport early on Friday, grab some lunch perhaps and head back to my house for an evening of home theater, drinking and audio on the D'agostino, Avalon, VPI and dCS 2 channel system. The plan on Saturday is to hit a late breakfast early lunch and then head to the Audio Co. of Atlanta (if they'll ever call me back) for a demo of the big Von Schweikert reference system among their other lines. We'll probably hit a couple of record stores and then follow it up with a trip over to see Alan at Hifi Buys where Tim (if I can talk him into it) and I may place a deposit on some new gear perhaps????? :yes: If we still have any funds left after Hifi, gonna meet Jim and head to a good restaurant down in midtown before coming back to my place. Hopefully we'll have a heck of a time.....pretty cool how we've all met and gotten to know each other.......we'll have a bunch of pictures to post later on so stay tuned........looking forward to it!

https://media.11alive.com/assets/WXI...5b_750x422.jpg

- Buck

Wow - simply awesome!! Enjoy!!