AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Shunyata Sigma NR & Triton V3 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45956)

Jbags 06-02-2019 01:23 PM

Shunyata Sigma NR & Triton V3

5 Attachment(s)
System is coming together nicely. I am now all Shunyata Sigma NR for all power cords running to a Shunyata Triton V3

Attachment 59231
Attachment 59232
Attachment 59233
Attachment 59234
Attachment 59235

Puma Cat 06-02-2019 03:20 PM

Looks great.

Just a question: is there benefit to Shunyata NR cords if you are using a Triton V3? I would think the Triton V3 itself would provide noise reduction.

btn2803 06-02-2019 03:45 PM

Great setup! Congrats! I have recently added the Denali 6000T with Alpha NR. I can imagine how better it is with the Triton and Sigma power cables!

Btw, the Bassocontinuo racks look fantastic.

Jbags 06-02-2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 967057)
Looks great.

Just a question: is there benefit to Shunyata NR cords if you are using a Triton V3? I would think the Triton V3 itself would provide noise reduction.

Thank you,

I think that it adds noise reduction at the component end. But not 100% sure.

Jbags 06-02-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn2803 (Post 967061)
Great setup! Congrats! I have recently added the Denali 6000T with Alpha NR. I can imagine how better it is with the Triton and Sigma power cables!

Btw, the Bassocontinuo racks look fantastic.

Thank you very much I appreciate it. Really excited to have it all set up so I can just enjoy.

Masterlu 06-02-2019 10:29 PM

Looking great, but replace those builder grade outlets. Easy change out, and you can take them with you to your new home.

Just drop me a line whenever. ;)

Jbags 06-03-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 967124)
Looking great, but replace those builder grade outlets. Easy change out, and you can take them with you to your new home.

Just drop me a line whenever. ;)

Line dropped [emoji6]

CGabriel 06-03-2019 02:13 PM

Getting a better quality outlet is always recommended over the standard grade outlets in the wall. We have tested many commercial grade and audiophile grade outlets over the years. We have found that the Hubbell model 5352 to have superior grip strength and good sound quality.

If you decide to invest in a high end outlet there are some that are more and some less compatible with our proprietary connectors. Generally electrical contacts that are pure copper or a high percentile copper alloy sound best. If you get a plated outlet - do not use a rhodium plated contact with our CopperCONN connectors. Pure unplated brass or copper is fine. Nickel or gold plating is fine. Silver not so much but definitely NOT rhodium.

Of this is just my opinion. (After years of experience and testing)

Jbags 06-03-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CGabriel (Post 967178)
Getting a better quality outlet is always recommended over the standard grade outlets in the wall. We have tested many commercial grade and audiophile grade outlets over the years. We have found that the Hubbell model 5352 to have superior grip strength and good sound quality.

If you decide to invest in a high end outlet there are some that are more and some less compatible with our proprietary connectors. Generally electrical contacts that are pure copper or a high percentile copper alloy sound best. If you get a plated outlet - do not use a rhodium plated contact with our CopperCONN connectors. Pure unplated brass or copper is fine. Nickel or gold plating is fine. Silver not so much but definitely NOT rhodium.

Of this is just my opinion. (After years of experience and testing)

Thank you very much that is extremely helpful. I just purchased the Shunyata Outlet from Ivan so I am all good on that front. My next question is if I’m using the Triton V3 and all Sigma NR cables would the shunyata defender make any improvements sonically? From what I understand it was more for the PS8 and to add NR to that power unit. But I could definitely be wrong. Thank you again

Joshua

Puma Cat 06-03-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbags (Post 967183)
Thank you very much that is extremely helpful. I just purchased the Shunyata Outlet from Ivan so I am all good on that front. My next question is if I’m using the Triton V3 and all Sigma NR cables would the shunyata defender make any improvements sonically? From what I understand it was more for the PS8 and to add NR to that power unit. But I could definitely be wrong. Thank you again

Joshua

Hi Joshua,
I just asked this exact question to Grant last week regarding my V1 Hydra Triton and Hydra 4. Acc. to his reply, I do not need to add Venom Defender as those products provide noise protection.

Based on Grant's reply, I would surmise that the Triton V3, as well as the NR power cords you are using, would provide a very good to exceptional level of noise filtering so that you would not obtain additional benefits by adding a Venom Defender.

My understanding was the Venom Defender was developed to add noise filter functionality for the Shunyata Venom PS8 power strip.

It occured to me today, with all the "wall adapters" I am using for my fiber media convertors, ethernet switches, and my UpTone Audio LPS-1 Ultracap power supply for the microRendu, it would be cool if there was a series of 5, 7, 9, & 12V linear power supply wall adapters that incorporated Venom Defender noise-filtering. That might create an issue for Shunyata with respect to SKU management but it was kinda fun to "brainstorm" in that direction. :p