AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Classé CP-800 DLNA issues (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34500)

Mike-48 01-25-2016 12:56 AM

Classé CP-800 DLNA issues

Hello, all. I have a CP-800 on order that should be here any day. I had trouble with DLNA during the home trial, and I'm wondering if anyone here is using that feature and how it works for you.

When playing a track, if I hit the "next track" in the control point, I got crackling noises over the speakers and the CP-800 would take a while to lock into the next track. Also, the CP-800 didn't support seeking within a track, which other renderers I've tried will do. I liked the CP-800 well enough to order it anyway, but I plan to use an external renderer (Auralic Aries) for now.

Anyone else have results to report about DLNA?

Mike-48 01-31-2016 07:15 PM

Wow -- 84 views and no answers! I can only conclude that none of the 84 is using the DLNA feature. Well, thanks for looking, anyway.

akfaulkner 01-31-2016 10:05 PM

I couldn't get mine to work with Roon so I just use the tablet to control the music!

enatai252 02-01-2016 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike-48 (Post 755629)
Hello, all. I have a CP-800 on order that should be here any day. I had trouble with DLNA during the home trial, and I'm wondering if anyone here is using that feature and how it works for you. When playing a track, if I hit the "next track" in the control point, I got crackling noises over the speakers and the CP-800 would take a while to lock into the next track. Also, the CP-800 didn't support seeking within a track, which other renderers I've tried will do. I liked the CP-800 well enough to order it anyway, but I plan to use an external renderer (Auralic Aries) for now. Anyone else have results to report about DLNA?

I have a CP800 but have never tried the DLNA feature. I use a Naim streamer connected to the CP800 via a coax digital. I do use AirPlay as well but have never had any noise or locking issues

Mike-48 02-02-2016 03:42 AM

Thanks, guys, for the comments. In my trials, the CP-800 worked fine with the Auralic streamer via USB. It also sounded great with a PC as the source and USB connection. And as long as I would let the tracks change by themselves (not in the middle), DLNA with the CP-800 as renderer was fine, too. Here's hoping they will fix this in firmware soon.

It's interesting to hear that AirPlay works without problems. Unfortunately (for me), that seems to be proprietary to Apple.

Mike-48 07-13-2016 06:12 PM

I finally got an answer to this question. According to Classé, the only way to get rid of the noise is to turn off gapless playback. Of course, that means MANY forms of music won't play properly. This is a flaw in DLNA operation that several North American manufacturers (PS Audio, Oppo, Classé) have included in their products, I suppose because some supplier sells a low-cost solution that is a poor implementation of DLNA. I had expected better from Classé.

kaarmstrong 08-28-2016 02:00 AM

Thanks for posting this info. I was fighting this issue for a long time as well. Gave up on DNLA and went with Bryston BDP-1.

Mike-48 09-03-2016 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarmstrong (Post 800295)
Thanks for posting this info. I was fighting this issue for a long time as well. Gave up on DNLA and went with Bryston BDP-1.

Thanks for the note. I am glad the information was helpful. I'm still using the Auralic Aries to feed the Classe. The combination works well.