AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   What speaker cables with Magico's ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32833)

Kingsrule 08-29-2015 10:13 AM

What speaker cables with Magico's ?

Seems like most Magico set-ups I see use MIT speaker cables, including Magico's own sound room. I have never been one to use networked cables but it seems like if I move to Magico I will have to.

What are your thoughts/experience on speaker cables with Magico?

Mike1998 08-29-2015 10:22 AM

They also sound good with Shunyata cables.

marsalis 08-29-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsrule (Post 722997)
Seems like most Magico set-ups I see use MIT speaker cables, including Magico's own sound room. I have never been one to use networked cables but it seems like if I move to Magico I will have to.

:confused-12: Just because Magico uses MIT, or Soulution or whatever, does not mean you have to.

Kingsrule 08-29-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsalis (Post 723015)
:confused-12: Just because Magico uses MIT, or Soulution or whatever, does not mean you have to.

Um, really?

Still-One 08-29-2015 05:18 PM

The local Magico dealer here has his choice of MIT, Shunyata, Analysis Plus and Nordost. They always seem to use MIT and it sounds pretty good to me.

Orb 08-29-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsrule (Post 722997)

I must say I am a bit leery of networked cables myself (but that is me being biased), regarding cable choice I would say that comes down to your preference.
For me I enjoy Crystal Cable Dreamline (managed to find ones an authorised dealer had lying around) with Magico speakers.
Probably find upper range of Siltech works similar to Crystal Cable.

Regarding Nordost, my preference would be again only their upper range for Magico speakers; say Valhalla old and new model, Tyr2 (only new model).
Cheers
Orb

analog brother 08-29-2015 08:50 PM

try purist audio

BlueFox 08-29-2015 10:23 PM

I certainly wasn't going to change cables just because I bought a better speaker. Since Shunyata Zitron cables are designed to deliver the exact output signal as the input, I stayed with the Anaconda speaker cables, and this system sounds fantastic. No need to change a thing.

------------------------------------------------------------
Lumin S1
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 speakers

Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

TLi 09-01-2015 02:28 AM

Speaker cables can affect the final sound to a large extent, particularly so with Magico. It is due to its good resolving power and less coloration.

I have tried many different highend speaker cables for my M Project. They include Norodst Odin 1 and Odin 2, Taralabs Grand Master Evolution, Audioquest Wel Signature, Vertere Pulse X and Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7.

They all have its own character and have some separate strong area. At the end of day, it really depends on what you prefer. No single wire can satisfy everyone. I can only summarize some of the main features of some cables.

Odin1 / Odin2: Very detailed sound, particularly so with Odin2. Fine imaging and sound stage is pushed backward. Bass is bouncy but light, not for heavy metal lovers.

Audioquest Wel Signature: Overall nice balance, but bass is a bit soft.

Taralabs GME: Very thick sound. Bass is the heaviest of all but that offset the tonal balance. Treble is a little dim and imaging is not very strong.

Vertere Pulse-X: Nice midrange, vocal is real life but the upper and lower octave expansion is not as good as other in this group.

Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7: The top two on my list, the other is Odin 2. It matches will well with Magico. Being a sealed box speaker, the bass can be a little light. Wireworld compensate on it making a very balance sound picture.

After testing, I am now keeping Odin 2 and Wireworld for my own use.

Kingsrule 09-01-2015 10:02 AM

TLi, Orb, Still-One

Thank you for your detailed responses