AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Masters Process (Amati Futuras) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=35848)

jfray 05-16-2016 09:14 PM

Masters Process (Amati Futuras)

I recently had the Masters speaker placement process performed on my Amati Futuras. Originally I had placed the speakers as best I could but with fairly poor results (I did not know that Dan had a great post below and that would have helped a lot but if possible get an expert to do this). The sound stage was not well defined and the bass was very thin which required me to push the REL G1 to compensate. My room lacked the holographic imaging that I had experience in my other house with the same components. Needless to say I have been worried about this room and since we just built this house there are no plans to move! Fortunately David Ellington lives close by and agreed to come over and setup the Futuras again (he did this process in my old house). I invited Jim "Trek737" over to watch David in action and everyone arrived around 9:00 or so...... we talked for a while but then got to business. Thru the day Jim and I asked many questions and David was awesome, it is easy to see when someone truly loves what they do. The entire process took several hours and the results are absolutely incredible. I can't even describe all the benefits. The sound stage is extremely well defined as well as the musical notes no longer smear together. The bass is INSANE and without the G1 the Futuras are producing notes in the low 20 Hz range. They now effortlessly fill the room with deep rich fast bass with punch and the crazy thing is the drivers are barely working to do it. :smoking: This for me is the best upgrade investment that I have made other than the Amati Futuras and that is saying a lot! :yes: :music:

A warning to many on this forum..... If you don't have your speakers position correctly then you are FLAT not hearing their true potential. All the investments made to upgrade components, cables will not correct the root of the problem. This is a crucial step that can not be skipped or overlooked!

David thanks for spending your Saturday helping me obtain audio NIRVANA.

Below is a link to Dans post and PLEASE try this.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/617307-post30.html

jdandy 05-16-2016 10:25 PM

Josh.......I fully understand how profound the results can be once you have your speakers properly couple to the room, aimed correctly, and time aligned with the proper tilt. It took me the better part of two days to dial in my Amati Anniversario's. I went from originally thinking my speakers were sounding good to knowing I was getting all there was to get from them. Like you, I went from decent bass to astronomical bass that was lightning fast, profoundly rich in timbre and thunderously deep when the source demands it. My soundstage is holographic. There truly is no substitute or shortcut to proper speaker placement in a room. The effort is rewarding beyond your imagination. Kudos to David Ellington for his willingness to help you with his well respected knowledge and expertise to make your sound system deliver its full potential. I am very happy for you. . :applause:

755a 05-16-2016 10:31 PM

This is interesting on so many levels.

First how so many people have no idea what their speakers actual sound like.

Next how bad speakers sound in stores.

But most interestingly to me how many reviews are done when speakers are not placed properly in room. I bet countless reviews would be different if proper placement was done.

jfray 05-16-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 780238)
Josh.......I fully understand how profound the results can be once you have your speakers properly couple to the room, aimed correctly, and time aligned with the proper tilt. It took me the better part of two days to dial in my Amati Anniversario's. I went from originally thinking my speakers were sounding good to knowing I was getting all there was to get from them. Like you, I went from decent bass to astronomical bass that was lightning fast, profoundly rich in timbre and thunderously deep when the source demands it. My soundstage is holographic. There truly is no substitute or shortcut to proper speaker placement in a room. The effort is rewarding beyond your imagination. Kudos to David Ellington for his willingness to help you with his well respected knowledge and expertise to make your sound system deliver its full potential. I am very happy for you. . :applause:

Thanks Dan and I can't say enough about David as he is a great person....... This is the best my Futuras have ever sounded, they fill the room with enough base that I am considering selling my REL G1...... it is crazy I know. :scratch2:

Your post on speaker placement is awesome and if it is not a "sticky" you may think about making it one. :yes:

jdandy 05-16-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfray (Post 780243)
Thanks Dan and I can't say enough about David as he is a great person....... This is the best my Futuras have ever sounded, they fill the room with enough base that I am considering selling my REL G1...... it is crazy I know. :scratch2:

Your post on speaker placement is awesome and if it is not a "sticky" you may think about making it one. :yes:

Josh.......Thanks for making the post a single page URL. It has now been posted in the https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=23993 as Speaker Placement - The Masters Process.

I cannot take credit for the wonderful process. This information was provided to me and I simply made it available for everyone's use.

jfray 05-16-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 755a (Post 780239)
This is interesting on so many levels.

First how so many people have no idea what their speakers actual sound like.

Next how bad speakers sound in stores.

But most interestingly to me how many reviews are done when speakers are not placed properly in room. I bet countless reviews would be different if proper placement was done.

I agree! I truly believe that many spend large sums of money on speakers but never hear their true potential or the benefits from other upgrades made in the system. I have been a advocate of this process....... In my new room it made all the difference in the world. :yes:

jfray 05-16-2016 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 780246)
Josh.......Thanks for making the post a single page URL. It has now been posted in the Index of http://www.audioaficionado.org/techn...-do-index.html as Speaker Placement - The Masters Process.

Dan is the MAN! :D

metaphacts 05-17-2016 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfray (Post 780221)
I recently had the Masters speaker placement process performed on my Amati Futuras. Originally I had placed the speakers as best I could but with fairly poor results (I did not know that Dan had a great post below and that would have helped a lot but if possible get an expert to do this). The sound stage was not well defined and the bass was very thin which required me to push the REL G1 to compensate. My room lacked the holographic imaging that I had experience in my other house with the same components. Needless to say I have been worried about this room and since we just built this house there are no plans to move! Fortunately David Ellington lives close by and agreed to come over and setup the Futuras again (he did this process in my old house). I invited Jim "Trek737" over to watch David in action and everyone arrived around 9:00 or so...... we talked for a while but then got to business. Thru the day Jim and I asked many questions and David was awesome, it is easy to see when someone truly loves what they do. The entire process took several hours and the results are absolutely incredible. I can't even describe all the benefits. The sound stage is extremely well defined as well as the musical notes no longer smear together. The bass is INSANE and without the G1 the Futuras are producing notes in the low 20 Hz range. They now effortlessly fill the room with deep rich fast bass with punch and the crazy thing is the drivers are barely working to do it. :smoking: This for me is the best upgrade investment that I have made other than the Amati Futuras and that is saying a lot! :yes: :music:

A warning to many on this forum..... If you don't have your speakers position correctly then you are FLAT not hearing their true potential. All the investments made to upgrade components, cables will not correct the root of the problem. This is a crucial step that can not be skipped or overlooked!

David thanks for spending your Saturday helping me obtain audio NIRVANA.

Below is a link to Dans post and PLEASE try this.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/617307-post30.html

Josh,

Glad to hear that David was able to take your Futuras to another level..again. :thumbsup:

Bill

jfray 05-17-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metaphacts (Post 780299)
Josh, Glad to hear that David was able to take your Futuras to another level..again. :thumbsup: Bill

Bill,

David did and outstanding job......he is just fun to talk to and a wealth of knowledge! :D

trek737 05-17-2016 05:26 PM

Josh,

Thanks for the invite... I am very excited for you! :banana:

It was nice meeting David and watching him fine tune your speakers.

I am looking forward to coming back and listening to those beautiful Amati Futuras with a little bit of David's magic thrown in for good measure!:music:

Congrats...:D