AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender N100 to a N10? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49943)

krelldog 06-03-2021 07:11 PM

Aurender N100 to a N10?

Just curious as to how much of an improvement upgrading from the N100 to the N10 would be ?

I've been stunned at the improvement from my Mac Mini to the Aurender N100C.

Has anyone made the above mentioned (N100 toN10 ) upgrade...if you have, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

krelldog

George Prentice 06-04-2021 02:29 AM

Expect a similar increase again N100 —> N10 and again N10 —> W20SE... each is substantial and profound, absolutely nothing subtle about the improvements between these. I own a N100, auditioned a N10... and have been so thankful I just closed my eyes and bought a W20SE. It is the most profoundly game changing piece of equipment I have ever owned. It brought audiophile streaming into parallel with vinyl. The vinyl in my system has a very small and not significant better detail. I listen to streaming over 90% of the time and listen to music two or three times more than I used to. And importantly, I only listened to local content a couple times (on the internal drive) when you have cd or better quality streaming why would you? Well, I don’t any more.

Puma Cat 06-04-2021 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Prentice (Post 1039409)
Expect a similar increase again N100 —> N10 and again N10 —> W20SE... each is substantial and profound, absolutely nothing subtle about the improvements between these. I own a N100, auditioned a N10... and have been so thankful I just closed my eyes and bought a W20SE. It is the most profoundly game changing piece of equipment I have ever owned. It brought audiophile streaming into parallel with vinyl. The vinyl in my system has a very small and not significant better detail. I listen to streaming over 90% of the time and listen to music two or three times more than I used to.

I would agree, but you don't have to make the big jump from N10 to W20SE. You could get the N20, instead.

I just had an N20 here for a month, and....it's killer. It's really, really, good. REALLY good. And...almost half the cost of an W20SE.

PMCH 06-04-2021 12:17 PM

I went to my dealer to purchase the N100 since I was new to streaming, but my wife wanted to hear the N10 to compare. We purchased the N10. I have since moved up to the W20SE which I love but at a significant expense over the N10.

mcpaf76 06-04-2021 12:50 PM

I didn't directly compare the N10 and N100, but I did a pretty long audition with the N10/A10, and I did hear enough of a difference to justify going up to the N10(Plus cost of external Dac) . When I did the comparison I used both the internal Dac in the A10 and then a direct comparison using digital out of both to the same DAC. I would imagine the difference between the N100/N10 would be comparable if not slightly more noticeable. By the way I think my N10 sounds incredible.

George Prentice 06-06-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMCH (Post 1039416)
I went to my dealer to purchase the N100 since I was new to streaming, but my wife wanted to hear the N10 to compare. We purchased the N10. I have since moved up to the W20SE which I love but at a significant expense over the N10.

What can I say... you said it all. My story isn’t much different... I got the N100 for my headphone system and went to listen to a N10 and ended up with a W20SE... took streaming from ok just behind spinning a CD to audiophile level.

gds7368 06-13-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Prentice (Post 1039409)
Expect a similar increase again N100 —> N10 and again N10 —> W20SE... each is substantial and profound, absolutely nothing subtle about the improvements between these. I own a N100, auditioned a N10... and have been so thankful I just closed my eyes and bought a W20SE. It is the most profoundly game changing piece of equipment I have ever owned. It brought audiophile streaming into parallel with vinyl. The vinyl in my system has a very small and not significant better detail. I listen to streaming over 90% of the time and listen to music two or three times more than I used to. And importantly, I only listened to local content a couple times (on the internal drive) when you have cd or better quality streaming why would you? Well, I don’t any more.

I had a N10 in house for an extended demo and really liked it, so I took the plunge and bought the W20SE sight unseen. A big step up from the N10. Listening now, really crystal clear. Haven’t heard a N20 or 30.

George Prentice 06-25-2021 07:59 PM

Congradulations! Honestly this unit completely changed my perspective on digital and streaming… finally streaming is satisfying. It was others here on AA who’s posts convinced me to take the plunge unheard as well.

Projectman 08-01-2021 10:13 AM

I went from an N100H to an N10 a couple of years ago. To me, in my system, there was a small increase in sound quality but nothing close to a big jump.

If you have a highly resolving system than I’m sure there could be a big jump but there wasn’t in my system so I sold the N10. Again, in my system, and to my ears the N10 was too much money for too little gain.

sidvee 08-02-2021 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Projectman (Post 1042356)
I went from an N100H to an N10 a couple of years ago. To me, in my system, there was a small increase in sound quality but nothing close to a big jump.

If you have a highly resolving system than I’m sure there could be a big jump but there wasn’t in my system so I sold the N10. Again, in my system, and to my ears the N10 was too much money for too little gain.

I read the same in another forum - directly from Aurender - especially if you use USB output. However my understanding is that the newer N200 uses different USB modules and sounds better. I own a N100H and was contemplating an upgrade to the N10, but since my sole connection is USB, I will plan to get a N200 soon.
Cheers,
Sid