AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Dynaudio Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Dynaudio Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=11641)

Masterlu 12-30-2011 10:13 PM

Dynaudio Forum

http://downtheroad.tunicatravel.com/...r-business.jpg

:thumbsup:

Audio 1 12-30-2011 10:15 PM

Awesome! Thank you Ivan :thumbsup:

Masterlu 12-30-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 246689)

My pleasure! :ok:

joeinid 12-30-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 246689)

Double Awesome! Now I'll have to really become a member :scratch2:

Thanks Ivan!

Audio 1 12-30-2011 10:22 PM

Mick Tillman from Dynaudio North America indicated to me that he would participate here if a forum area was created. So I will inform him of this development and hopefully some of the guys from AVS will join in here as well.

joeinid 12-30-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 246692)
Mick Tillman from Dynaudio North America indicated to me that he would participate here if a forum area was created. So I will inform him of this development and hopefully some of the guys from AVS will join in here as well.

Thanks Buddy!

Can you post a photo of your C2 Sigs?

Thanks.

TommyC 12-30-2011 10:24 PM

I really like the C Sig series. The finish looks outstanding.

Masterlu 12-30-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

:thankyouspin:

Audio 1 12-30-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246693)
Thanks Buddy!

Can you post a photo of your C2 Sigs?

Thanks.

Here you go Joe!

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...io/C2Right.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/k...dio/C2Left.jpg[/IMG]

joeinid 12-30-2011 10:53 PM

Very nice! I really like the slim design, they might work better in my room. I'll have to talk to Mick on the phone and give him my room dimension and maybe a layout and see what he recommends.

Audio 1 12-30-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246705)
Very nice! I really like the slim design, they might work better in my room. I'll have to talk to Mick on the phone and give him my room dimension and maybe a layout and see what he recommends.

Without a doubt Mick will be able to help you out with this.
Nice thing is the Signature's have a 10 year warranty!
Like I have kept any audio gear for 10 years :scratch2:

joeinid 12-30-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 246707)
Without a doubt Mick will be able to help you out with this.
Nice thing is the Signature's have a 10 year warranty!
Like I have kept any audio gear for 10 years
:scratch2:

Should help resale if it's transferable :smoking:

Ha! Kidding :thumbsup:

Audio 1 12-30-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246708)
Should help resale if it's transferable :smoking:

Ha! Kidding :thumbsup:

Actually I think it may be transferable :banana:

joeinid 12-30-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio 1 (Post 246710)
Actually I think it may be transferable :banana:

Oh boy ;)

hkval 12-30-2011 11:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New Look with C4 II's in special Piano Black Lacquer:

joeinid 12-30-2011 11:19 PM

Howard,

How close to the front wall are the C4's? Are there any ports in the back? Beautiful setup !!!

Thanks.

Puma Cat 12-30-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Awesome, Buddy! I will also send Mick a PM; he's a personal friend, and a GREAT guy. Last year he and Tyler Mueller, one the largest retail Dyn dealers in the U.S., took another Dyn owner buddy and me out to dinner at RMAF.

djwhog 12-30-2011 11:31 PM

Is this complete systems only or DIY Dynaudio as well. I build custom systems.

ps I own also a few dynaudio retail models and Mick helped me get a replacement twetter pair of d20s great guy!

hkval 12-30-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246719)
Howard,

How close to the front wall are the C4's? Are there any ports in the back? Beautiful setup !!!

Thanks.

32 inches from the front and 16" from the back of each speaker to the wall. 2 ports in each cabinet - 1 for each bass speaker. The alcoves appear to have no effect on the sound. I have moved them out to almost 3' and there is no audible difference. They seem to adapt extremely well to various placements.

bakerman 12-30-2011 11:35 PM

Howard, beautiful speakers! I wondered what you ended up going with. It looks like they have tuxedos on! I was checking out the C1's on the website yesterday and thought the piano black was pretty sweet. It's nice to see some pictures from members of the actual finish.

Gorgeous room! :thumbsup:

Puma Cat 12-30-2011 11:37 PM

Here's my maple Dynaudio Contour S3.4s with their grilles on back with my first C-J system, a PV12 preamp and my venerable Premier 11A power amp. I liked the maple look so much I replaced the coffee table with an Ikea Scandanavian design "birch effect" table, which looks almost identical in color to the maple. The Contour line is just below the Confidence line, but higher in performance and quality of construction than the Focus lline.
http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...g%20Area-1.jpg

The Contours 3.4s cut quite an elegant profile. Without my REL, the left speaker is flat to 30 Hz in this setup, believe it or not, I mean flat, not 3 dB down or anything. The right speaker on is flat to 40 Hz w/o the REL, but it has a short wall 10 ft in front of it you can't see in the way. I usually slide the right speaker into an angled position across the room and sit along the diagonal for critical listening to get the right speaker not to fire into this wall, but instead down the corridor that leads to the bedrooms. The system sounds better in this configuration and measures better, too. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I have some nice light in the room.

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...g%20Area-2.jpg

Joe, for your reference, the speakers in this setup are about 30" from the wall behind. Speakers are 7 ft apart and I sit 9 feet away from them, but I sit at diagonal across the space.

Puma Cat 12-30-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwhog (Post 246730)
Is this complete systems only or DIY Dynaudio as well. i build custom systems.

No, of course your welcome as you build custom Dynaudio systems. Dyn makes amongst the best dynamic drivers in the world, as you know.

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:04 AM

The Dynaudio/Octave amplification (MRE 130 tube monoblocks and Octave tube preamp)/Wadia room at RMAF in 2010. John Atkinson said this was the best sounding room at the show that year. Wadia dual mono DACs! Confidence C4 Sigs in Gloss Rosewood finish. The sound in this room was absolutely gorgeous.

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...s/DSCF1588.jpg

Vintage Pete 12-31-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerman (Post 246733)
Howard, beautiful speakers! I wondered what you ended up going with. It looks like they have tuxedos on! ......Gorgeous room! :thumbsup:

Howard....what Doug said, plus one. I too had been wondering what your decision would be, ultimately. The speakers go extremely well in your room, they harmonize quite well and really appear to belong....I do have to honestly say that they look much more appropriate to the room surroundings than did the Futuras. Excellent choice...I hope they are what you wanted sonically. :thumbsup:

Pete

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkval (Post 246716)
New Look with C4 II's in special Piano Black Lacquer:

Gorgeous speakers in a gorgeous room!

How many hours do you have on them so far?

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 246751)
Excellent choice...I hope they are what you wanted sonically. :thumbsup:

Pete

Once they're fully run in, I'm sure they will exceed his expectations. One of the very best speakers I've ever heard at any price.

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:15 AM

Mocha Confidence C2 II Signatures at the Dynaudio room at RMAF this year; once again paired with Octave tube amplification. The C2's are definitely something Joe should consider....

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...s/RMAF-8_1.jpg

hkval 12-31-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 246753)
Once they're fully run in, I'm sure they will exceed his expectations. One of the very best speakers I've ever heard at any price.

The have about 125 hours on them and need approximately 300 hours for full break-in. They have exceeded my expectations by such a wide margin that I find it difficult to control my excitement about them. I will try to write some observations this weekend but listening to music is becoming an obsession with these babies.:thumbsup:

JFR0317 12-31-2011 12:36 AM

Congrats, HK! Your room looks absolutely wonderful!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy New Year to Val, your Mom, Miss Muffy, and you!

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkval (Post 246760)
The have about 125 hours on them and need approximately 300 hours for full break-in. They have exceeded my expectations by such a wide margin that I find it difficult to control my excitement about them. I will try to write some observations this weekend but listening to music is becoming an obsession with these babies.:thumbsup:

Okay, great to know.

I've read the CII series require a skosh less break in than the original Confidences.

The 300 hours figure is very accurate, in my experience. Keep in mind that they may get honky and shouty between 100-200 hours, so keep the faith! :thumbsup:

Your speakers and room are absolutely gorgeous!

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:46 AM

The new Focus 160s in Piano Black at RMAF with the T+A Music Player, combination integrated/DAC. Sounded great, 'course Howard knows how good the Focus 140/160s are, they are a killer small standmount. That's my iPhone 4 in the dock on top playing an Audio Wave Blue Note XRCD24 rip of Horace Parlan's Speakin' My Piece. One of the guys in the room was so impressed with it he asked me for all the info on the Audio Wave XRCD24 series of Blue Note remaster/reissues. No Diana Krall or Jacintha here! Just good 'ole straight ahead hard bop!

http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_ca...s/RMAF-7_1.jpg

joeinid 12-31-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 246754)
Mocha Confidence C2 II Signatures at the Dynaudio room at RMAF this year; once again paired with Octave tube amplification. The C2's are definitely something Joe should consider....

I really think the C2 Sigs might work very well. Thanks for the photos as well. The Octave stuff looks sweet.

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246772)
I really think the C2's might work very well. Thanks for the photos as well. The Octave stuff looks sweet.

They go REALLY well with Octave, Burmester, and of course, C-J gear. I wouldn't buy anything else untll you give a good thorough audition on a fully broken in pair (they need a solid 300 hours to run in, they can sound really not very good at 100-200 hours). Plus they come with not one, but two per speaker of one the best tweeters anyone's ever made, the famed Esotar 2 silk dome tweeter. This tweeter is incredibly detailed, but also smooth and sweet at the same, and will never drive you out of the room with edge, glare, harshness, or listener fatigue.

joeinid 12-31-2011 12:57 AM

Thanks Stephen! Very good advice.

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246772)
The Octave stuff looks sweet.

The Octave stuff is killer. If I didn't own C-J, I'd be using the Octave gear.

joeinid 12-31-2011 01:05 AM

The more I look at the Dynaudio speakers the more I like them. I plan on listening to everything I am interested in before any serious purchase. :)

dpod4 12-31-2011 01:05 AM

I came close to buying the octave 80 integrated 2 years ago. Was worried about power so went with VAC 300.1a. From what I have read Octave is more like ARC than CJ. Bright and forward. But strong.

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpod4 (Post 246782)
I came close to buying the octave 80 integrated 2 years ago. Was worried about power so went with VAC 300.1a. From what I have read Octave is more like ARC than CJ. Bright and forward. But strong.

Dod,
You're right in that Octave tends towards neutral than C-J. But I would not at all classify it as bright or forward at all. If it were, it would not mate well with the extremely neutral Dyns, which will reveal exactly what is in front of them. Octave is very neutral, but still with all the sweetness that comes with tubes. I think Octave is the most "perfectly" neutral tube gear I've heard; C-J slightly warmer, ARC slighthly cooler.

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 246781)
The more I look at the Dynaudio speakers the more I like them.

They sound even better than they look! :music:

Puma Cat 12-31-2011 01:20 AM

The other manufacturer of electronics that I think would go really well with Dynaudio is Pass Labs.