AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Australia (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46112)

DonBattles 06-25-2019 10:52 AM

Australia

Looking to plan another trip and have been thinking Australia. Any suggestions for area/location. I know Yolanda is keen on beach areas so this would be important.

Dsholl1 06-25-2019 04:56 PM

What time of year are you planning to go Down Under? October is a great time. It’s Spring and weather isn’t too hot.

DonBattles 06-25-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsholl1 (Post 970266)
What time of year are you planning to go Down Under? October is a great time. It’s Spring and weather isn’t too hot.

As early as September, as late as December.

Dsholl1 06-26-2019 04:45 PM

Great time to go. Beaches in NSW to see are of course Bondi...I like Coogee beach too
There is Byron Bay in NSW which is also a popular tourist spot and surf beach.
Qld has plenty but you might want to stop at Surfers Paradise for a few nights. All the major Theme Parks are there (if you have kids)
Melbourne has St.Kilda beach which is a popular tourist destination (but nothing special). The 12 Apostles are a must visit. They’re about a 3 hr drive from Melbourne but worth a look.
I live in Melbourne so let me know if you’re there.
All the best

NZ421291 06-26-2019 06:53 PM

***WARNING***

Lots of Australians live in Australia!:D

Levitator 06-26-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonBattles (Post 970277)
As early as September, as late as December.

How long are you planning to go for? Also do you have any specific interests outside of beaches as we’ve got a stack of great beaches here!

doggiehowser 06-26-2019 07:41 PM

The Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane have more pristine beaches. Less crowded than the Gold Coast.

And if you need to listen to some music, head over to Brisbane HiFi [emoji51] shameless plug. But the voltage difference and the high Australian tax means no bueno for HiFi bargains so it’s more to get an audio fix.

Brisbane itself is pretty much a snore fest as far as tourist destinations are concerned. It’s just a nice place to live.

But just beyond the city, there are nice nature reserves. And of course the beaches north (Sunshine Coast) and south (Gold Coast).

Melbourne is a more interesting place to visit. Culturally and historically more diverse. And there are vineyards just a few hours drive away.

Puma Cat 06-26-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonBattles (Post 970212)
Looking to plan another trip and have been thinking Australia. Any suggestions for area/location. I know Yolanda is keen on beach areas so this would be important.

Melbourne is great; the harbor at Sydney is incredible and there's Bondi Beach for Yolanda. Also, if you can get to South Australia, Adelaide is nice and the Barossa Valley is close by.

DonBattles 06-28-2019 07:37 PM

Lots of good advise/feedback, thanks everyone!