AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Martin Logan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Welcome panel lovers... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=361)

Tonepub 04-18-2009 06:39 PM

Welcome panel lovers...

Hey there:

Guess I qualify as the panel nut so far...

I currently use the MartinLogan CLX's as my main reference with a pair of ML Descent i's for subwoofing, but currently auditioning the JL F110s...

Though the forum heading says MartinLogan and Magnepan, I'd like to think any of you panel enthusiasts will be welcome. I've had almost all of em: Quads, Acoustats, Apogees, Final and of course Magnepan and ML. No Sound Labs though, but I've always loved them.

Guess you could say I haven't met a panel I didn't like (yet)

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say...

Waboman 04-18-2009 07:08 PM

Hey Tone,

I'm a fan of the panels myself. I currently have the ML Prodigies, Descent, Theater & 2 sets of Scripts.

Lookin' forward to some good discussions.:)

Tonepub 04-18-2009 07:50 PM

Hey, did you do that meter in photoshop or is it an app?

JJinID 04-18-2009 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=tonepub;5555]
I currently use the MartinLogan CLX's as my main reference with a pair of ML Descent i's for subwoofing, but currently auditioning the JL F110s...

QUOTE]

Jeff - be sure to audition the JL Audio F112s along with the F110s - there is a noticeable difference between the 10" and 12" sub. I haven't heard them along with the ML speakers but I think they would sound excellent!

Tonepub 04-18-2009 08:10 PM

Will do, the toughest part is getting the speed to keep up with the panel...

Waboman 04-18-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonepub (Post 5570)
Hey, did you do that meter in photoshop or is it an app?

Photoshop.

JJinID 04-18-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonepub (Post 5582)
Will do, the toughest part is getting the speed to keep up with the panel...

Understood - I heard them augmenting some Wilson's (sorry don't remember which ones off the top of my head) and none of them including the F113's had a problem keeping up. The panel speakers might be more of a challenge but all of the JL's are very musical sounding subs.

I will be interested in hearing your opinion once you have tried them out...

Gordon 04-18-2009 08:25 PM

Glad to see this section up. I asked Ivan about it several days ago and said it would happen.

I'm particularly pleased to see a "panel" section at a site that has a large McIntosh following. While I enjoy MLC and there are a great group of guys there, in which I've made some friends, not many are fans of McIntosh with Martin Logan.

Jeff, while I understand your need for objectivity, it's good to have you here and I love the mag.

Gordon

Gordon 04-18-2009 08:29 PM

I'd love to have the 501 meter as a screen saver. Any of you guys want to walk me through it?

Gordon

Gordon 04-18-2009 08:31 PM

Last question of the night. What is MSRP on the Magnepan 20.1?

Gordon