AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo prices (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42672)

jorsan 04-08-2018 01:25 PM

Shindo prices

Hi, Would like to know where can I find the list prices of all shindo components, for some reason they are not easy to find. Thanks

jorsan 04-09-2018 11:04 AM

no one?

closdesducs 04-09-2018 06:26 PM

If you look at Matt Rotunda's website under his Specials & Trade Items, he will usually list the original price of the Shindo component.

closdesducs 04-09-2018 06:27 PM

Other than that, I don't believe there's a published list. Best thing is to contact an authorized Shindo dealer in your area.

jorsan 04-09-2018 09:14 PM

Thanks for the input closdesducs but is impossible to find the retail prices in the web, don't understand why.

closdesducs 04-09-2018 09:39 PM

I think there may be several reasons why such a list isn't published. It may be partly because Shindo equipment is hand-made to order in very small numbers; the exchange rate between the US dollar and the Japanese yen fluctuates; and Shindo-san's (and now his son's) occasional practice of employing different tubes and circuitry in his preamp and amp designs.

As I mentioned in my previous email, when I've called the West Coast authorized dealer, Pitch Perfect Audio's Matt Rotunda, he's provided pricing info and the occasional opportunity to acquire Shindo gear via his "trade up" program. A great advantage of going through an authorized dealer is the warranty and technical support/repair they are able to provide. As to prices on used and "gray market" Shindo gear, I kind of recall Audigon has a database that provides info on previous sales of all types of audio equipment (certain Shindo models included) and if you do a search on Hi Fi Shark for current and previous sales offerings of Shindo gear, you can figure out the price range of specific preamps, amps and speakers.

Best wishes on your quest and Happy Listening.
Closdesducs

Masterlu 04-09-2018 10:16 PM

Dozens of audio manufacturers choose not to publish retail price sheets.

jorsan 04-12-2018 05:17 AM

understood, thanks for the information.

jorsan 04-12-2018 05:21 AM

By the way closdesdcus, I love your collection of NOS tubes in your avatar, I'm sure you enjoy everytime you try them in your system.

Formerly YB-2 04-12-2018 03:16 PM

Too bad we can't enlarge avatar photos. Would be nice to get a closer look at those "NOS tube" labels. :thumbsup: Cote d'Or is my favorite wine region and also with the best food. Flagey-Echezeaux Grand Cru are excellent wines. Am guessing as good as they are, they must be listening to Shindo gear as they age. :yes: