AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Technical Info & Troubleshooting (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   iPhone App trending section is not updating (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42407)

Stahle 03-07-2018 09:12 PM

iPhone App trending section is not updating

For the past couple of days, when I use the trending section of the iPhone app, I have discovered that it is not updating to show the latest posts, even if I drag it down to force an update. Basically, it looks as though there has been no posts to the forum since I reinstalled the app yesterday. Before that it was showing no posts for several days. My iPhone has the latest IOS installed and I am obviously using the latest app because the old app will no longer work with the current IOS. I have gone as far as deleting the app and then reinstall it, all that did was update the first six posts, but now they have been frozen ever since. Closing the app entirely also doesn't update it and neither did restarting my phone. The browse section however does update. For example, if I go to the McIntosh section, it shows the latest posts.

Stahle 03-09-2018 02:11 AM

Is anyone else having this problem? The app worked perfectly up until about a week ago.

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 10:17 AM

Yes -- when I logged in this morning, like several days ago, the first trending item is the Jensen or Mundorf coupling capacitor topic, followed by K1 ate a disk. I rarely use the iPhone app, but when I have, it was pretty good -- something is amiss now.

I'll PM the folks behind the curtain.

Best Sir,

Bob

jdandy 03-09-2018 10:58 AM

The Android app is working fine. Has there been an iOS update?

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 904564)
The Android app is working fine. Has there been an iOS update?

iOS 11.2.6 was late Feb I think -- I believe I updated my iPhones around last days of Feb or 1-2 March '18.

Anyone else with iPhone experiencing an issue??

Best Sir,

Bob

Masterlu 03-09-2018 11:11 AM

The Developer of our App is no longer in business. That means we will probably have to start from scratch again. :(

jdandy 03-09-2018 11:13 AM

Bob.......No iPhone here, but I did just check my Audio Aficionado app on my iPad. It is working with no issues. No idea what is going on with the iPhone.

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 904570)
Bob.......No iPhone here, but I did just check my Audio Aficionado app on my iPad. It is working with no issues. No idea what is going on with the iPhone.

I just deleted the app -- :compdestroy:

Lets' see what happens:eatndrink:

Best Sir,

Bob

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 11:23 AM

Reloaded the app, logged in and everything looks to be fine. Should have done that earlier, but when I saw Stahle have issues, I figured there was a missing handshake between a recent iOS upgrade and the current app.

Anyways, all is well.:banana:

Best Sirs,

Bob

krustycat 03-09-2018 06:58 PM

There is an option to clear the cache, you should try that too.