AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Movies (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bohemiam Rhapsody (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44246)

robfine 11-03-2018 11:21 PM

Bohemiam Rhapsody

What an entertaining movie with unbelievable acting (by being so believable). I saw it in a theater tonight with Atmos and the sound was excellent. I highly recommend it.

audioguy3107 11-03-2018 11:53 PM

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this one for awhile.....the trailer was good and reviews have been positive so far.

- Buck

For The Love of Music 11-04-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 938690)
I’ve been looking forward to seeing this one for awhile.....the trailer was good and reviews have been positive so far.

- Buck

Looks good to me but the reviews I read we questioning the executive producers Brian May and Roger saying they had their own agenda

Audiophilehi 11-04-2018 10:26 AM

I seen it last night. What a great movie. A must for any Queen fan. Very highly recommended.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

audio bill 11-04-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 938692)
Looks good to me but the reviews I read we questioning the executive producers Brian May and Roger saying they had their own agenda

What I've heard about those questioning 'their agenda' was that they didn't take into account or weren't aware of how different times were in that era than they are today regarding society's acceptance of sexual orientation.

robfine 11-04-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 938692)

I saw some of those reviews. It may well be that they had there own agenda. For most true art, the artist has an agenda. That does not change the fact the movie was very well done, really well acted and incredibly entertainment— especially the music. Don’t go see it as a history lesson. Go see it for the same reason you go to most movies, or go into your music room and close the door behind you— as a short vacation from the world outside.

W9TR 11-04-2018 11:19 AM

Looking forward to seeing this. My movie experience doesn’t correlate well with reviewer’s ratings. They can spot a stinker but that’s about it.

dcanlas 11-04-2018 01:40 PM

I watched it last night and it was very entertaining especially the concert towards the end of the movie. A must to watch for all Queen fans!

PleasantSounds 11-10-2018 09:52 PM

While I enjoyed the movie and the music, it also felt like it missed the opportunity to reach a bit deeper and some topics, while included, have not been properly explored.

So IMO we end up with a tribute to one of the greatest bands in history, but a movie that would not stand on its own.

imprezap2 11-11-2018 06:08 PM

watched it in an Imax theater today, impressive movie, normally I don't get emotional for a movie, but this time I had to bite my lip a few times.

Sound in the cinema was good, not much resolution, but they played at a high volume with no distortion.

If you are a Queen fan, a must see.