AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wireworld speaker cables and tubes (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42127)

PHC1 02-07-2018 08:37 PM

Wireworld speaker cables and tubes

What is the general consensus among our members on the synergy of WW speaker cables and tube amps? :scratch2:

Masterlu 02-07-2018 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 897933)
What is the general consensus among our members on the synergy of WW speaker cables and tube amps? :scratch2:

Extremely good... I’m using all WW Platinum Cables with my MC2301’s / C1000C-T / Strads... Sublime!

PHC1 02-07-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 897935)
Extremely good... I’m using all WW Platinum Cables with my MC2301’s / C1000C-T / Strads... Sublime!

Platinum would be 2x the cost of my whole system. :D

jdandy 02-07-2018 11:00 PM

Serge.......I am using Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable with my MC2301 amps to a pair of Sonus faber Amati Anniversario speakers. Astonishing detail with no over-emphasis of any part of the frequency spectrum. I have been enjoying them for six and a half years now with no intention to change them for anything else. Read my review here: Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable vs: Kimber 8TC speaker cable.

PHC1 02-07-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 897955)
Serge.......I am using Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable with my MC2301 amps to a pair of Sonus faber Amati Anniversario speakers. Astonishing detail with no over-emphasis of any part of the frequency spectrum. I have been enjoying them for six and a half years now with no intention to change them for anything else. Read my review here: Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable vs: Kimber 8TC speaker cable.

Thanks Dan, another thorough review. :thumbsup:

I think the sweet spot for me would be a step down to the Elipse 7 for the Harbeth monitor size speakers. Some similar features such as Octo DNA Helix design with OCC silver-clad copper conductors which should offer me a good balance of copper and some transparency and upper octave air of the silver cladding.

robfine 02-08-2018 12:58 AM

Serge,

I have WW Silver Eclipse 6 speaker cables running from my PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Integrated Amp to Thiel CS 2.3 speakers. I have Silver Electra 7 PCs and WW Silver Eclipse and Eclipse ICs. I am very happy with the WW speaker cables (which I could not afford at the time but then Ivan stumbled on a pair with about 200 hours in them that he just could not stand having around the house so I figuredI would help him out). If it makes a difference, my PL has KT120 power tubes with 2 Brimar CV 4003 12AU7 gain tubes. I think the Silver Eclipse are a great match and used ones come up fairly frequently either in the Marketplace or The Cable Company’s “used” website. Who knows? Ivan may have another pair he just can’t stand to have lying around the house!

djwhog 02-08-2018 01:30 AM

same here on my C500C C500T preamp excellent :)

crwilli 02-08-2018 10:04 AM

Wireworld speaker cables and tubes

What is your concern between WW SCs and Tube amplifiers? High end roll off?

I can offer a comparison between WW Eclipse and WW Gold Speaker cables. My system at the time consisted of the Strads, C2300 PreAmp and MC2301 amplifiers. Like most changes, I loved the before and when I inserted the Golds, the system took on greater clarity. The Golds lost a coloration the Eclipse added to the midrange, particularly in female voices. It was also noticeable from improved, more realistic decay of cymbals.

It was one of my more noticeable and easy to hear system changes.

j3brow 02-08-2018 10:27 AM

I concur. The Gold 7 speaker cables are worth the investment. Serge, you noticed the significant improvement WW brought to your headphone rig ... it will do the same between your PL and 30.2. Talk to Ivan and go for the Gold! The upgrade bug will never involve speaker cables again .... it’s been said that Gold is 95% of the performance of Platinum by someone who knows the lineup quite well[emoji6]

audiohippo 03-20-2018 03:25 AM

I used the Silver Eclipse 7 with my Ref75SE and Ref5SE with great results.