AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Diapason Italia (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39301)

bart 05-08-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EfeTe (Post 845904)
Very unique design wise -huh Bart!?

Love them.

Muy lindos si!

EfeTe 05-08-2017 08:36 PM

I heard the Asteras just briefly but what impressed me the most (really -it was shocking!) is how the sound doesn't go straight at you. Yes the reviews, comments, brochures will say stuff like "the speakers themselves disappear from the scene" etc, they will always do. But I thought that was true in this case. Guess it has to do with the angles the wood's been designed and cut where there's almost no single straight line and so the "air" doesn't circulate in one highly condensed direction.

Hope to be able to audition the Asteras a bit more this/next week, as well as the Adamantes III.

In any case I found these intriguing as they are a bit different from the brands or approaches we usually discuss. The least popular.

EfeTe 06-03-2017 01:30 PM

Put a downpayment in and hope to have the Asteras at home at some point this month.
Interesting to see how they interact with the MA-6600!

Next step -TT's :)

GreginNH1 06-15-2017 06:34 PM

Congrats!

EfeTe 06-15-2017 08:04 PM

Thanks Greg, will be picking them up on Tues which is a holiday (Flag's day) here.

EfeTe 06-21-2017 06:56 PM

Design and build quality are second to none, very impressive. Loved the Van den Hul wiring, the attention to details, the b posts and the overall construction.

SQ wise it definitely is a big step up for those 805 Diamonds that had served me so well. Jazz via SACD sounds... heavenly. And these are pretty rigid Canaletto woodslabs, so this is only the beginning as there's a lot of break-in to do. Looking promising!

GreginNH1 06-29-2017 07:10 PM

I just picked up a pair of Adamantes III speakers. They are quite nice and I will soon be pairing them with my Gato Amp 150 which has been gathering dust!

EfeTe 06-30-2017 01:22 AM

Congratulations. They are quite nice also, and if for this setup (lovely Gato looks btw!) the available room is small I think you will be pleased. Currently I'm overseas for work reasons -Uruguay...- but when I get back I'll continue with the break in period as well as with my impressions.

EfeTe 07-10-2017 07:07 AM

How did you like it with the Gato Audio mate? Sounds an interesting match indeed.

GreginNH1 07-10-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EfeTe (Post 855252)
How did you like it with the Gato Audio mate? Sounds an interesting match indeed.

I haven't paired them up yet. Hopefully some time this week!