AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Home Theater (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Recommendations for Home Theater Remote or Control Panel (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2019)

1KW 08-30-2009 10:09 AM

Recommendations for Home Theater Remote or Control Panel

I am starting to look into a 1 remote solution for my home theater as my wife is not happy having to use 4 remotes. I am also open to having a hard wired control panel next to the equipement that my wife could just walk up to and press one button to turn on the MX120, amps. , cable box, projector and blu ray player. I know Mcintosh used to make wall panels but I am not sure which one to buy ?

80B 08-30-2009 12:25 PM

David, I use the Logitech 1000. Has since been replaced by the 1100. It takes a bit of patience to master, since you program it through your PC. Ivan had one and didn't like it, but short of one of the high end brands, it does a decent job IMO. My remote is used for all routine functions, with the originals discretely close by for any setup-type functions.

TommyC 08-31-2009 06:38 PM

I believe Ivan carries Universal Remote Control. He wouldn't hesitate to give you some feedbacks.

Masterlu 08-31-2009 07:35 PM

Even if I were not a dealer for URC, I would tell you there is no comparison between the two.

SoundEarphones 08-31-2009 07:53 PM

I use AMX but if I had to do it again I would take Control4

JFR0317 08-31-2009 10:24 PM

My wife absolutely loves our Universal Remote Control MX-850's!:yes:

Uberbrown 08-31-2009 10:25 PM

Do not buy Logitech. My Harmony 1000 is junk, and if you go on their site's forum, many people have had many problems with the H1000, but Logitech refuses to acknowledge it is a design defect, even though repeated attempted firmware updates have failed to correct the problems. Instead, they came out with the 1100 to correct the problems, and left all of us who bought a $500 remote out to dry. I personally contacted Logitech many times, and they refused to acknowledge the problem, repeatedly dismissed my complaints, and refused to stand behind their product. Finally, they quit responding to my requests, and ignored my contact attempts, even though the majority of H1000 owners I spoke to have the same problems I have with the remote's functioning. I will NEVER buy another product from them again, because they will not take care of their customer, and will not stand by their product, even when a great many people have the same problem with the same remote.

Masterlu 08-31-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberbrown (Post 35609)
Do not buy Logitech. My Harmony 1000 is junk, and if you go on their site's forum, many people have had many problems with the H1000, but Logitech refuses to acknowledge it is a design defect, even though repeated attempted firmware updates have failed to correct the problems. Instead, they came out with the 1100 to correct the problems, and left all of us who bought a $500 remote out to dry. I personally contacted Logitech many times, and they refused to acknowledge the problem, repeatedly dismissed my complaints, and refused to stand behind their product. Finally, they quit responding to my requests, and ignored my contact attempts, even though the majority of H1000 owners I spoke to have the same problems I have with the remote's functioning. I will NEVER buy another product from them again, because they will not take care of their customer, and will not stand by their product, even when a great many people have the same problem with the same remote.

Thank you!

Uberbrown 08-31-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 35619)
Thank you!

Sorry if it seemed like a rant!

Masterlu 08-31-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uberbrown (Post 35620)
Sorry if it seemed like a rant!

Not at all, I happen to agree completely. I was so frustrated, I just gave two of mine away! :yes: