AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Excellent product by the NFL in the Conference Championships (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44928)

Karl Maga 01-20-2019 11:54 PM

Excellent product by the NFL in the Conference Championships

I don’t watch the NFL much since it got political, but I did today - January 20, 2019. My 120” screen and 7 Revels were rocking it today.

Two well played Confetence Chamipnship games today. It was very entertaining. I’ve missed it, to be honest.

Tom Brady and Drew Brees are timeless phenoms. Unfortunately the Saints got ‘jacked by a no-call of a Rams defensive Pass Interference in the Red Zone at the end of the 4th quarter.

What a treat the games were for fans!

Mikado463 01-21-2019 11:15 AM

officiating at the end of Saints / Rams game was a disgrace, not to mention Payton's poor play calling. As for KC, if it wasn't for their explosive offense they would not of even been in the playoff's, their defense is pathetic.

clpetersen 01-21-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Maga (Post 949986)

....What a treat the games were for fans!

Two great games. The athleticism on display is just remarkable.
Another good day for New Englanders; continues to amaze even the locals how the Patriots can stay on top for so long.

Karl - Our ATI amp (N-core version) was doing great with KEF LS-50's. I see you have the 6007 amp - that is great series from ATI - how much does that beast weigh in at?

(and, yes, a horrific bad call in the Saints' game)

Karl Maga 01-21-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clpetersen (Post 950012)
Two great games. The athleticism on display is just remarkable.
Another good day for New Englanders; continues to amaze even the locals how the Patriots can stay on top for so long.

Karl - Our ATI amp (N-core version) was doing great with KEF LS-50's. I see you have the 6007 amp - that is great series from ATI - how much does that beast weigh in at?

(and, yes, a horrific bad call in the Saints' game)

The games - the missed DPI call was a truly egregious failure and a stain on an otherwise excellent NFC Championship game.

The ATI Amp - without referencing the specs, I can easily confirm it's over 100 lbs. I do not enjoy moving it, but I do enjoy listening to it! :banana:

GSOphile 01-21-2019 12:11 PM

The egregious DPI no-call really calls into question the legitimacy of this year's Super Bowl. There will sometimes be a marginal call or two that we can debate, but this one was way beyond that and makes one wonder if something else might be going on. Really a shame to see this after two such otherwise great games.

multiham 01-21-2019 12:24 PM

As a Rams fan, I saw no pass interference on that play. Just joking. I feel bad for the Saints fans and the Saints players. I have no love for their coach as he talks too much trash to the opposing players.

Now my big concern is making sure that the Rams lock down their practices so that the Patriots don't sneak there way in and record the practice like the first Super Bowl they played.

audioguy3107 01-21-2019 12:56 PM

The 4th quarter of the Kansas City/NE game was must see TV.....it's just amazing, every single 3rd and long you wonder if Brady will make a mistake.......and he never does. It's ridiculous.

- Buck

Higgens 01-21-2019 02:30 PM

My brother in law is a lifelong Saints fan. He’s devastated to say the least. My sister has him on suicide watch.

Poppyhome 01-21-2019 03:07 PM

A new star is born — Tony Romo

"Media critics and everyday fans alike acknowledged on social media that Romo’s commentary on the CBS broadcast of the Patriots-Chiefs battle for the AFC championship seemed nearly flawless."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tony-...afc-title-game

Ron

Mikado463 01-21-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgens (Post 950031)
My brother in law is a lifelong Saints fan. He’s devastated to say the least. My sister has him on suicide watch.

LOL, he has no clue what disappointment is about, try being from Buffalo, NY !