AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shunyata Research (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   New Denali 6000/S v2 in the House (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46265)

Masterlu 07-17-2019 02:58 PM

New Denali 6000/S v2 in the House

My new Denali 6000/S v2‘s are now in the house. Look for photos and impressions to follow...

Puma Cat 07-17-2019 03:23 PM

Looking forward to your impressions and photos.

Will it be used primarily for audio or video?

Masterlu 07-17-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 973304)
Looking forward to your impressions and photos.

Will it be used primarily for audio or video?

Audio duty only.

Puma Cat 07-17-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 973315)
Audio duty only.

Cool! Look forward to your impressions.

RLF 07-17-2019 10:56 PM

I received my new Denali 6000 v2 on Saturday. It was originally meant to go in my home theater system to replace the Denali 6000S v1 which resides alongside a Triton v3 in there. However, the v2 sounds so special in the my stereo rig that it’s staying there and I ordered another one for my HT system which resides in another room.

In my stereo, the Denali v2 replaced a Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 SE. Although my previous power conditioner sounded great powering my 2 DACs, a SACD Transport, music server, and preamp—to my ears and in context of my system, the Denali v2 sounds cleaner, sweeter with improved PRAT, dynamics, and controlled bass. Needless to say, I am most impressed and in my opinion, Shunyata has hit a home run with the new Denali. For anyone that doesn’t need more than 6 outlets, I highly recommend home audition of a Denali 6000S v2.

On a separate note, I wish to publicly thank Grant of Shunyata with all of his help answering all my questions about the best configurations of the power conditioners in both of my systems and in a very timely manner.

Puma Cat 07-18-2019 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLF (Post 973343)
I received my new Denali 6000 v2 on Saturday. It was originally meant to go in my home theater system to replace the Denali 6000S v1 which resides alongside a Triton v3 in there. However, the v2 sounds so special in the my stereo rig that it’s staying there and I ordered another one for my HT system which resides in another room.

In my stereo, the Denali v2 replaced a Synergistic Research PowerCell 12 SE. Although my previous power conditioner sounded great powering my 2 DACs, a SACD Transport, music server, and preamp—to my ears and in context of my system, the Denali v2 sounds cleaner, sweeter with improved PRAT, dynamics, and controlled bass. Needless to say, I am most impressed and in my opinion, Shunyata has hit a home run with the new Denali. For anyone that doesn’t need more than 6 outlets, I highly recommend home audition of a Denali 6000S v2.

On a separate note, I wish to publicly thank Grant of Shunyata with all of his help answering all my questions about the best configurations of the power conditioners in both of my systems and in a very timely manner.

:goodpost:

Really glad you're enjoying the new Denali 6000/S V2. BTW, what power cord are you using to power the Denali 6000/S V2?

Keep us appraised of your findings....

sander 07-18-2019 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLF (Post 973343)

Hi there,

I guess most of us are a little bit jealous of your new purchase.
Is there any way to do a direct comparison of the new and the old Denali in your stereo set up? Maybe on a free saturday morning?
That will be so interesting for a lot of us.

Thanks in advance.

Sander.

Btw, if it’s too much trouble, i will totaly understand.

RLF 07-18-2019 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 973356)
:goodpost:

Really glad you're enjoying the new Denali 6000/S V2. BTW, what power cord are you using to power the Denali 6000/S V2?

Keep us appraised of your findings....

Thanks. I’m using a Shunyata Sigma NR power cord with the Denali v2. An Alpha NR is being used with the Denali v1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sander (Post 973360)
Hi there,

I guess most of us are a little bit jealous of your new purchase.
Is there any way to do a direct comparison of the new and the old Denali in your stereo set up? Maybe on a free saturday morning?
That will be so interesting for a lot of us.

Thanks in advance.

Sander.

Btw, if it’s too much trouble, i will totaly understand.

I’ll see what I can do, but not sure if I’ll have time as the Denali v1 is destined to come up with us to our vacation condo next week to power a small system up there.

Puma Cat 07-18-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLF (Post 973377)
Thanks. I’m using a Shunyata Sigma NR power cord with the Denali v2. An Alpha NR is being used with the Denali v1.

Thanks! Those are excellent power cords and choices for powering your Denalis.

SCAudiophile 07-18-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 973382)
Thanks! Those are excellent power cords and choices for powering your Denalis.

Alpha EF is also a great choice reportedly...might not need an NR cord with all the NR in the new Denali. This seemed very sensible when I heard it recently.