AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Travel & Leisure (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Masai Mara game reserve - Kenya (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=44664)

Dynophile 12-20-2018 06:55 PM

Masai Mara game reserve - Kenya

8 Attachment(s)
An unforgettable experience of a lifetime.

doguniverse 12-20-2018 11:08 PM

I agree with you. I was there back in 1982 and stayed in tents. Tour guide was Abercrombie & Kent.

Dynophile 12-21-2018 12:43 AM

Did you happen to stay at Kichwa Tembo tented camp through Abercrombie & Kent?

doguniverse 12-21-2018 03:47 AM

In our group there was only 7 of us, and we stayed at the Maasai Mara camp. The last day we were in a balloon over the Mara. Yes, the entire trip was with A&K. I later went to Tanzania. When we arrived into Nairobi, we stayed at the Norfolk Hotel. We also visited the Mount Kenya Safari club, started by William Holden. The entire trip took six weeks.

Robert_Anderson 12-21-2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynophile (Post 945524)

I was just there two months ago! I love the pictures and have some very similar ones from my trip.

sircharles 12-21-2018 09:34 AM

Thanks for sharing. I was there in September as well. Great times.

ptman 12-21-2018 10:19 AM

We were in Tanzania (Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater) in 2007.

Agreed, trip of a lifetime. It was the great migration and birthing season.

One highlight was watching six wildebeest births in a span of 15 minutes one morning...if the newborn isn't up and walking in 10 minutes, the mother leaves. They all walked.

The other "highlight" was breaking my foot on the only night we were in a lodge, rather than a tent. I wrapped it in an ace bandage and hobbled through the remainder of the safari...had it cast when we arrived back home. I missed a step while walking onto the balcony to take a picture, though over the years the story's morphed to protecting my wife from vicious African predators!

Doug Lax 01-15-2019 11:42 AM

wonderful pics thanks for sharing!

GaryProtein 01-15-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynophile (Post 945524)

THANK YOU for showing photos demonstrating the grandeur of the animals instead of yourself with a rifle standing next to one you shot to bring home as a trophy.

crwilli 01-15-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptman (Post 945615)
We were in Tanzania (Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater) in 2007.

Agreed, trip of a lifetime. It was the great migration and birthing season.

One highlight was watching six wildebeest births in a span of 15 minutes one morning...if the newborn isn't up and walking in 10 minutes, the mother leaves. They all walked.

The other "highlight" was breaking my foot on the only night we were in a lodge, rather than a tent. I wrapped it in an ace bandage and hobbled through the remainder of the safari...had it cast when we arrived back home. I missed a step while walking onto the balcony to take a picture, though over the years the story's morphed to protecting my wife from vicious African predators!

Good story! Kind of like how that fish I caught was 4 feet long... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app