AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Martin Logan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Vanquish (4) In the House (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40246)

netroamer 08-14-2017 11:51 AM

Vanquish (4) In the House

I have just received the four Vanquish speakers I ordered to complete my Dolby Atmos setup. The speaker array now consists of:

L/R - M-L CLX
Center Paradigm C5
Surround M-L Stylos
Rears M-L EFX
Sub (2) Paradigm Sub1
Atmos (4) M-L Vanquish

Looking forward to getting the Vanquish installed.

timm 08-14-2017 03:31 PM

Curious what amps and processor you are using for this setup??? Do you listen to 2 channel with the CLX or are you all movies/atmos and or some surround music etc....

Thanks Tim

netroamer 08-14-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timm (Post 861707)
Curious what amps and processor you are using for this setup??? Do you listen to 2 channel with the CLX or are you all movies/atmos and or some surround music etc....

Thanks Tim

All 7 basic channels - Parasound JC-1 Monoblocks

4 Atmos Channels - Parasound A23 Stereo (Would have preferred JC-1's but ran out of rack space)

Analog PreAmp (2-Channel) Parasound JC2-BP

A/V Processor Anthem AVM60 (Temporary)

Yes, I listen to the turntable, 2-Channel Reel-to-Reel, CD/SACD and 2-Channel streaming from a OppO 205 through the JC2-BP and the CLX's.

timm 08-15-2017 12:10 PM

Wow. Awesome. I'm reading on my phone - and when you said 'ran out of ....' i thought it was gonna say 'money' ... but said 'rack space'. Lol. My bad!!!

Very cool. Let us know how you like the vanquish.

netroamer 09-20-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timm (Post 861881)
Wow. Awesome. I'm reading on my phone - and when you said 'ran out of ....' i thought it was gonna say 'money' ... but said 'rack space'. Lol. My bad!!!

Very cool. Let us know how you like the vanquish.

Build Quality: A+

Ease of Installation: A+

Sound: A+++

It is hard to believe this design can handle a bottom end of 37hz...I crossed them over a 50hz and they handle that with ease. The dimension that they add makes the listening experience awesome. I can't wait for the new Lyngdorf MP-50 processor to be delivered as I believe the system will take another positive leap.

Timobi 09-21-2017 12:00 AM

Pics please! :) Can't wait to see!

Rojet2015 09-29-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timobi (Post 867916)
Pics please! :) Can't wait to see!

Yes I would like to see photos too. I have some old Martin Logan Speakers I would like to use for a home theater.

GW1800 01-09-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netroamer (Post 861709)
All 7 basic channels - Parasound JC-1 Monoblocks

4 Atmos Channels - Parasound A23 Stereo (Would have preferred JC-1's but ran out of rack space)

Analog PreAmp (2-Channel) Parasound JC2-BP

A/V Processor Anthem AVM60 (Temporary)

Yes, I listen to the turntable, 2-Channel Reel-to-Reel, CD/SACD and 2-Channel streaming from a OppO 205 through the JC2-BP and the CLX's.

Netroamer

Just happened to come across your post and am I reading this right you have - 7 JC1's?! Do you have them all on high bias? I had a pair in a 16'x25'x9'
2 channel room and after about 3 hours on high bias (which I always ran them in) I was normally down to my T shirt and shorts. They gave off a tremendous amount of heat can't imagine what 7 do. Also just my 2cents to run them on low bias I which they run a lot cooler would help a lot but to me kind of cripples the JC-1's to perform at optimum

Luca42 01-04-2021 03:29 PM

Again, I'm late to the party. Would love to hear how your Vanquish speakers are doing now. I am going to use Martin Logan in-ceilings in a similar fashion (4 Sistine 4XC) and eager to get user impressions. Thanks.