AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vivid Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   New Vivid Model (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=31523)

Douglas 05-10-2015 08:58 AM

New Vivid Model

The finest high end show is here again!

Visit Vivid at the M. O. C. in Munich for an amazing experience. We will be announcing a new model during the show.
Find us at Hall 4 stand E09 and Suite A4 F22

MOC Munich Order Center

I think it is a subwoofer!

Portugal 05-10-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas (Post 698651)

(...)

Exciting!

bart 05-10-2015 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas (Post 698651)
The finest high end show is here again!

Visit Vivid at the M. O. C. in Munich for an amazing experience. We will be announcing a new model during the show.
Find us at Hall 4 stand E09 and Suite A4 F22

MOC Munich Order Center

Douglas, that would be lovely.
Because all what Dic produces is well thought through and top notch.
And I am planning a new sub in our system.

But... Dic told me personally that after trying to design a sub, he stopped the project.
That was in 2012 if I'm not mistaken.
There are companies that dedicate themselves to making good subs, he said, and they do that so good that it would be hard to bring a really competitive product.

I'm very curious now!

Douglas 05-10-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 698748)
Douglas, that would be lovely.
Because all what Dic produces is well thought through and top notch.
And I am planning a new sub in our system.

But... Dic told me personally that after trying to design a sub, he stopped the project.
That was in 2012 if I'm not mistaken.
There are companies that dedicate themselves to making good subs, he said, and they do that so good that it would be hard to bring a really competitive product.

I'm very curious now!

We will know on Thursday. The anticipation is mounting:yes:

James 05-12-2015 08:02 AM

I believe it is a new version of the B1 called the B1 Decade.

Do you know if they were talking about another whole new speaker or just this updated B1?

aqman 05-13-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 699123)
I believe it is a new version of the B1 called the B1 Decade. Do you know if they were talking about another whole new speaker or just this updated B1?

This would be interesting for a few reasons. The B1 is long in the tooth by speaker standards so it makes sense to update, maybe with new cross-over? However, the B1, and even more so the K1, seem superfluous in the Vivid line-up from a performance/room size standpoint. The oval v1.5 and the Giya 4 through 1 seem to have it covered. The B1 uses 4 drivers and the K1 uses six drivers compared to the Giya's 5. They all use pretty much the same drivers and the enclosures can't cost that much more to manufacture.

Douglas 05-14-2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqman (Post 699309)

This would be interesting for a few reasons. The B1 is long in the tooth by speaker standards so it makes sense to update, maybe with new cross-over? However, the B1, and even more so the K1, seem superfluous in the Vivid line-up from a performance/room size standpoint. The oval v1.5 and the Giya 4 through 1 seem to have it covered. The B1 uses 4 drivers and the K1 uses six drivers compared to the Giya's 5. They all use pretty much the same drivers and the enclosures can't cost that much more to manufacture.

I believe Vivid has made several attempts to improve on the Oval series over the years , without success however. This should be very interesting then.

Douglas 05-14-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 699123)
I believe it is a new version of the B1 called the B1 Decade.

Do you know if they were talking about another whole new speaker or just this updated B1?

I believe you are right James, Quote from HI-FI+;

"Vivid Audio will be showing a new version of one of its most popular designs. Once again, we are embargoed from discussing much more about the new product, but we expect much from this new stand-mount design"

GaryProtein 05-14-2015 11:47 PM

I heard from the Vivid designer there was consideration of a model twice the size of the G-1.

BillK 05-15-2015 02:28 AM

A "G0" would be wonderful as it would be great to see a Giya with true 20 - 20K response.