AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Nordost Odin Supreme Reference SC's and PC's in the house (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=17866)

vintage_tube 12-13-2012 12:44 PM

Nordost Odin Supreme Reference SC's and PC's in the house

6 Attachment(s)
Received on demo two Power Cords the other day and yesterday the third PC arrived along with a 4 meter pair of SC's.

So, after listening to the system for awhile with current arrangement, I installed the two Odin PC's on the amps and have been listening since.

Today, fired up the system, grabbed some reference cee dees and listening once more before I put the Odin SC's on the Raidho C3.1's and the third Odin PC on the VAC Signature MK IIa preamp.

Will update as I progress with impressions.

All Odin cables have been well burned in on the Nordost VIDAR and/or in a system(s).

Happy Holidays Folks,

Bob

bakerman 12-13-2012 12:49 PM

Looks good Bob. Those are some pretty sweet looking SC's! What's the deal with the wood blocks? Do they serve a purpose other than marketing?

vintage_tube 12-13-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakerman (Post 410455)
Looks good Bob. Those are some pretty sweet looking SC's! What's the deal with the wood blocks? Do they serve a purpose other than marketing?

No audio purpose.

There are two wooden blocks per SC cable and one wooden block per PC. One on the SC cable (and the PC wooden block) has the serial number burned into it on one side and ODIN burned in on the other side.

Happy Holidays Folks,

Bob

bakerman 12-13-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 410459)
No audio purpose.

There are two wooden blocks per SC cable and one wooden block per PC. One on the SC cable (and the PC wooden block) has the serial number burned into it on one side and ODIN burned in on the other side.

Happy Holidays Folks,

Bob

Gotcha. :thumbsup: I thought maybe they weighted the cable down to keep them in line.

jerry1404 12-13-2012 01:24 PM

Wow those Odin cable look great!!! Can't wait to hear your impressions.

mdkim 12-13-2012 01:45 PM

My goodness Bob!

When I think I've gone too far with cables I just need to revisit this thread. I'm sure they'll sound ridiculous :thumbsup:. Congratulations man.

redm 12-13-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 410453)
Received on demo two Power Cords the other day and yesterday the third PC arrived along with a 4 meter pair of SC's.

So, after listening to the system for awhile with current arrangement, I installed the two Odin PC's on the amps and have been listening since.

Today, fired up the system, grabbed some reference cee dees and listening once more before I put the Odin SC's on the Raidho C3.1's and the third Odin PC on the VAC Signature MK IIa preamp.

Will update as I progress with impressions.

All Odin cables have been well burned in on the Nordost VIDAR and/or in a system(s).

Happy Holidays Folks,

Bob

Oh boy, here we go. :yes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I want to see some pics of them installed too.

jazzhead 12-13-2012 01:49 PM

Initial Impressions please , straight off the bat , woww factor or not ?

dteam702 12-13-2012 05:55 PM

I'm pretty sure Bob will keep these :D

howiebrou 12-13-2012 08:17 PM

His system just doubled in price! :D

My only bugbear with the Odins is that they are very stiff and were very difficult to route behind my rack. Then again I am used to using Crystal :scratch2: