AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Audio Racks & Furniture (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   HRS new price increase coming... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41806)

Masterlu 01-10-2018 11:08 AM

HRS new price increase coming...

HRS is having a full line price increase soon. The new pricing will go into effect on 2/1/18.

If you have any plans for Racks, Shelves, Damping Plates, etc. now is the time to get them before the increase.

PM me for quotes, or orders.

ylee 01-24-2018 04:13 AM

How do these HRS systems synergize with Stillpoints? Do they complement each other sufficiently to justify the additional cost? Or are they simply redundant and one should simply choose one or the other assuming one has a decent rack to even begin with if going only with Stillpoints?

Mouse 01-31-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylee (Post 894814)
How do these HRS systems synergize with Stillpoints? Do they complement each other sufficiently to justify the additional cost? Or are they simply redundant and one should simply choose one or the other assuming one has a decent rack to even begin with if going only with Stillpoints?

I'm curious too.

PHC1 01-31-2019 11:17 PM

$15k to $30k price for a rack just was not high enough? :lmao:

rnrmf1971 02-01-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ylee (Post 894814)

For me, in general, there's no way to tell what type of footers will necessarily sound better on a particular component, but Stillpoints work better in my system about 70% of the time vs HRS Nimbus Footers.

I use HRS damping plates on components with Stillpoints as well as the HRS Nimbus Footers (and on components with no specialized footers). Their simple, attractive design appears to lend itself to damping and/or absorbing vibrations. I even put a pair on my older, more diminutive speakers.

So if you have Stillpoints, it's worth experimenting with the HRS damping plates, imo.

For The Love of Music 02-01-2019 10:39 PM

HRS new price increase coming...

I see and use the damping plates as only additional weight on a component sitting on Stillpoints or other types of mechanical isolation.

I do have the Nimbus under external power supplies and a transformer for cabinet lights - the rubber top and bottom really works well reminding me of my submarine days when the hulls were wrapped with a rubber to absorb sound and not reflect it

gadawg 02-03-2019 12:44 AM

Stillpoints under my Esoteric D-02x work really with with my HRS S3 platform.

George