AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Vinyl & Accessories (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   AudioDesk Pro in the house (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42419)

vintage_tube 03-08-2018 04:53 PM

AudioDesk Pro in the house

After 15 years of using a VPI 16.5 (or two), I decided it was time to check off from my audio bucketlist an ultrasonic RCM.

This came in today and after reading the manual, put it in operation.

Approximately a 5 minute affair of washing and drying both sides, but super easy -- put the record in, hit the start switch and basically walk away. It'll beep when complete.

Put on a Albert Hammond, It Never Rains in Southern California LP I bought when it came out and not one disturbance throughout -- from start to end.

Impressive.

I selected the red which was upgraded to for free since the Gray which I ordered was backordered --didn't care for black nor white. The red is a soft color -- not shiny Fire Engine color. I like it.

Also picked up the accessory pack consisting of 6 concentrate bottles, 4 cleaning barrels & filter & 3 wiper blades.

https://i.imgur.com/FHLjWuD.jpg

Best Sirs,

Bob

jdandy 03-08-2018 05:00 PM

Bob.......Looks great. The Auto Desk Pro always gets rave reviews. Ultrasonic cleaning is the way to go. I cleaned my whole record library with the KLaudio ultrasonic record cleaning machine with excellent results. Clean vinyl LP's are the only way to go.

richardallred 03-08-2018 06:37 PM

Klaudio for me , but they are both great. I love mine. Happy cleaning

John49 03-09-2018 02:51 AM

Bob... if that photo is of your actual RCM, I am sorry to say it is the older PRO model. The new one has fixing holes for a 7” adapter to clean 45rpm singles, though this may not be useful to you.

John49 03-09-2018 03:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 54354

A photo from an email from a UK dealer supplying Audio Desk Systeme PRO RCMs and providing a record cleaning service.

Couldn’t find a way of including the text, but they point out the need to keep a close eye on the water purity and replace the consumables at regular intervals.

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 904515)
Bob... if that photo is of your actual RCM, I am sorry to say it is the older PRO model. The new one has fixing holes for a 7” adapter to clean 45rpm singles, though this may not be useful to you.

Right on that John -- I do not have nor will have any interest in collecting/playing 7 inch records. My entire collection contains one 7" record -- Dave Brubeck and it has rested in it's sleeve & hasn't seen the light of day in 25 years probably.

For those who are interested in cleaning 7 inch records, in/around December 2017, AudioDesk made modifications to wash 12" records and 7" singles with the optional AudioDeskSysteme Glass 7"-Single-Kit and is effective with the following serial numbers henceforth:

Red- R-46
White - W-26
Slate - S-107
Gray - G-131

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 904516)
Attachment 54354

A photo from an email from a UK dealer supplying Audio Desk Systeme PRO RCMs and providing a record cleaning service.

Couldn’t find a way of including the text, but they point out the need to keep a close eye on the water purity and replace the consumables at regular intervals.

Thanks for the photos -- sure is an ugly mess.

As with any RCM with an internal cleaning liquid reservoir, it's wise to be on alert for the need to drain & replenish the concentrated cleaning solution, cleaning filters & discard replaceable parts as needed.

Thanks Sir,

Bob

FreddieFerric 03-09-2018 02:55 PM

The RCM looks great. I’ve been using the 16.5 for nearly 10 years and yearn for something better. And less messy.

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 904624)
The RCM looks great. I’ve been using the 16.5 for nearly 10 years and yearn for something better. And less messy.

I read of owners mentioning water within the work area, and similar with ultra sonic cleaners. I've experience none of that. Clean as a whistle as they say.

This is a piece of cake too -- set the record in its' slot, touch the start button, make sure the LP begins to spin & basically, walk away.

It will beep when thru.

Easy Peasy -- and the results are far superior too. Glad I took the plunge.

Best Sir,

Bob

Still-One 03-09-2018 04:09 PM

Bob
I have always wondered. Is there any special handling required to dispose of the "ticks and pops" that are removed in the cleaning process. :D

vintage_tube 03-09-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 904644)
Bob
I have always wondered. Is there any special handling required to dispose of the "ticks and pops" that are removed in the cleaning process. :D

Hey Jim -- No special HAZMAT handling mentioned, but understand from the literature I'm supposed to send them to Milford, MI.

Now that's worth a :roflmao:

Best Sir,

Bob