AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Japanese Exotica (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Luxman C900u + M900u (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40171)

Nebob 11-08-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 878008)
Thanks for sharing your experience which just makes me want to add the M-900u power amp to my C-900u even more! :music: The top level Luxman gear is indeed built to an exceptional standard, even the tactile feel of its controls simply exudes excellence and the highest level of refinement. :D

It's funny that you should say that. I was initially only interested in M-900u, but I found your forum posts through my google search. Your enthusiastic opinions on the C-900u and a stellar review at Soundstage weighed heavily in my decision to purchase both.
I agree, operating the C-900u is a joy to operate without the remote control :D

audio bill 11-08-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebob (Post 878207)
It's funny that you should say that. I was initially only interested in M-900u, but I found your forum posts through my google search. Your enthusiastic opinions on the C-900u and a stellar review at Soundstage weighed heavily in my decision to purchase both.
I agree, operating the C-900u is a joy to operate without the remote control :D

Glad we could help enable each other in support of our mutual obsession! :music:

Nebob 11-11-2017 10:54 PM

There is one thing about the C-900u I find very odd. When using the External Pre option with my Anthem processor, the signal is only sent to the single ended outputs on the C-900u. That I find to be a major drawback, because it means that the C-900u in addition to the balanced connection needs to be connected with single ended cables to the M-900u. When I am going to watch movies, I must always remember to toggle the M-900u to single ended mode as well.
I am sure that Luxman has some very particular reasons to design it this way, but from a usability point I find it very annoying.

spurv 11-16-2017 04:43 PM

Probably the same thing as with Accuphase... but the Accuphase PRE also has XLR processor input, that works with XLR out to the power amps. But if i use RCA from processor, i need to use RCA out to the power amps... my solution is to use a adapter from RCA to XLR, to the XLR processor input on Accuphase... but you have no XLR processor input :(.

Subdood 09-02-2020 02:44 AM

Unblalaced

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebob (Post 879077)
There is one thing about the C-900u I find very odd. When using the External Pre option with my Anthem processor, the signal is only sent to the single ended outputs on the C-900u. That I find to be a major drawback, because it means that the C-900u in addition to the balanced connection needs to be connected with single ended cables to the M-900u. When I am going to watch movies, I must always remember to toggle the M-900u to single ended mode as well.
I am sure that Luxman has some very particular reasons to design it this way, but from a usability point I find it very annoying.

You can run a set of unbalanced cable and have line output set to both
I did this seems to work

Nebob 09-03-2020 04:05 AM

Has anybody tried two M900u as monoblocks?

Nebob 09-03-2020 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul7000 (Post 1013330)
You can run a set of unbalanced cable and have line output set to both
I did this seems to work

I am now running unbalanced into the M900u. I find it more dynamic and there is less hiss in the speakers. I wonder if it sounds better because the M900u is basically an unbalanced design? It is probably system dependent.:scratch2:
I set the C900u at a fixed volume when watching movies.