AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sonus Faber (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cremona Auditor M question - Metaphacts? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=32991)

miner 09-13-2015 02:39 PM

Cremona Auditor M question - Metaphacts?

I discovered this weekend one of my Auditor Ms mid-bass driver was not functioning correctly - no sound (Xover or driver). Tweeter is fine. I bought in March 2010 so just out of warranty. Plus, my dealer is no longer in business :drool: I have sent a message to Sumiko but have not heard back from them. Anyone have thoughts how this repair may be handled - I am hoping a no-charge repair. The local Sonus dealer (Magnolia) will not accept the unit for repair since I did not buy from them. They did say if Sf suggested taking to them for repair then Sf would need to send paperwork for Magnolia to fill out to allow them to accept the speaker for repair. Really - where is the brand support? I just do not know what to expect here and if I do not hear back from Sumiko what do I do?

I can honestly say the speakers have less than 400 hrs on them (listened to system upstairs when time allowed).:scratch2:

Bill (Metaphacts), where are you; your thoughts please?:thumbsup:

metaphacts 09-13-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 726079)
I discovered this weekend one of my Auditor Ms mid-bass driver was not functioning correctly - no sound (Xover or driver). Tweeter is fine. I bought in March 2010 so just out of warranty. Plus, my dealer is no longer in business :drool: I have sent a message to Sumiko but have not heard back from them. Anyone have thoughts how this repair may be handled - I am hoping a no-charge repair. The local Sonus dealer (Magnolia) will not accept the unit for repair since I did not buy from them. They did say if Sf suggested taking to them for repair then Sf would need to send paperwork for Magnolia to fill out to allow them to accept the speaker for repair. Really - where is the brand support? I just do not know what to expect here and if I do not hear back from Sumiko what do I do?

I can honestly say the speakers have less than 400 hrs on them (listened to system upstairs when time allowed).:scratch2:

Bill (Metaphacts), where are you; your thoughts please?:thumbsup:

I am right here. :D

Not up to date on who the Sonus dealer might be in your area. Let me make a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Bill

miner 09-13-2015 08:22 PM

Magnolia is one of two in Houston. The other I have not heard of - may be a non-B&M store business.

miner 09-13-2015 08:23 PM

Thank you Bill for you efforts.

Venere 09-13-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 726180)
Thank you Bill for you efforts.

I live in Houston. Just curious, what dealer did you buy from? Magnolia is the only Sf dealer I've ever seen here.

joey_v 09-14-2015 02:11 AM

Miner

I was hoping it wasn't you... Nuts...

Well I hope you get that fixed.

Call fine sounds in California. That answer and return calls for me. They will send you the parts.

miner 09-14-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venere (Post 726230)
I live in Houston. Just curious, what dealer did you buy from? Magnolia is the only Sf dealer I've ever seen here.

Venere,
I bought my Auditor Ms, REL B2 & B1, McIntosh gear and Rega P5/P7/P9 from SoudWorld in Houston in 2010 - a great dealer/owner I was sorry to see close doors. They were locate on the west side of town just off of BW8 & Belaire.

miner 09-14-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey_v (Post 726250)
Miner

I was hoping it wasn't you... Nuts...

Well I hope you get that fixed.

Call fine sounds in California. That answer and return calls for me. They will send you the parts.

Thank you Joey. This has not been a good year for electronics/audio for me. I need to have my home Exorcised of all gremlins.

Any idea on how I can tell if it is Xover or mid-bass driver to replace?

Venere 09-14-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner (Post 726278)
Venere, I bought my Auditor Ms, REL B2 & B1, McIntosh gear and Rega P5/P7/P9 from SoudWorld in Houston in 2010 - a great dealer/owner I was sorry to see close doors. They were locate on the west side of town just off of BW8 & Belaire.

wow, never heard of them. Always a shame to see a highend store close. Do you know any dealers in Houston other than Magnolia? I must say the Magnolia store in Galleria area is pretty good to deal with considering who they are, but would always prefer a less "corporate" dealer if possible.

miner 09-14-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venere (Post 726318)
wow, never heard of them. Always a shame to see a highend store close. Do you know any dealers in Houston other than Magnolia? I must say the Magnolia store in Galleria area is pretty good to deal with considering who they are, but would always prefer a less "corporate" dealer if possible.

I have contacted Signature Home Theater and The Home Entertainment Store but no replies yet.