AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   My Evening with David Wilson (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=3670)

Masterlu 03-05-2010 10:03 PM

My Evening with David Wilson

I had an invitation to attend an event this evening at a local high end stereo store here in So Florida.

I knew Dave Wilson would be there, so I went. This is the first time I had met Dave. What a gentleman and genius Dave is.

We spent well over an hour together discussing his speaker line as well my business Legend Audio; and how we may both benefit from joining together.

I listened to the Sasha's in a well designed and treated room, simply wonderful.

The highlight was listening to the Maxx 3's in another room, powered by Boulder Electronics. I liked them enough to consider owning them; where would I put them? :scratch2:

All the while wine & hor d' oeuvres were being served. I also got to meet Peter Mc Grath; Director of Sales for Wilson Audio.

Hat's off to a 1st Class man who makes 1st Class products. :thumbsup:

Uberbrown 03-05-2010 10:21 PM

Sounds like 2 titans of industry came together for a night. An imovable object and an irresistible force!

Still-One 03-05-2010 11:02 PM

Sounds like a nice evening. The Maxx's are pretty good speakers. I have only heard the Boulder gear with the Focal EM's and that pairing was something special.

-E- 03-05-2010 11:23 PM

Yeah Boulder + JM Lab = :drool:

I loved it. Boulder (especially their CDP/DAC) is VERY special stuff. Built like tanks, and their remotes are highly desirable.

To hear them on Wilson's must have been something out of this world.

PHC1 03-05-2010 11:28 PM

Ivan, I knew it was only a matter of time... :yes:

Dave is a really knowledgeable and passionate guy when it comes to music and building truly great speakers. :thumbsup:

Now, about those Maxx 3's.. I can already picture your next project, Alexandria's, Polaris center, Thor's Hammer sub...

OMG...:smoking:

1KW 03-05-2010 11:29 PM

Fantastic Ivan,

Sounds like you had a really good time. That is what this hobby is about, having fun. So which room would you put the Max 3 ? Sounds like you need a 3rd home :D

Masterlu 03-05-2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 66658)
Ivan, I knew it was only a matter of time... :yes:

Dave is a really knowledgeable and passionate guy when it comes to music and building truly great speakers. :thumbsup:

Now, about those Maxx 3's.. I can already picture your next project, Alexandria's, Polaris center, Thor's Hammer sub...

OMG...:smoking:

Yup, I have all the detailed brochures & specs!

Masterlu 03-05-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 66659)
Fantastic Ivan,

Sounds like you had a really good time. That is what this hobby is about, having fun. So which room would you put the Max 3 ? Sounds like you need a 3rd home :D

My wife still wants a Chalet in France. :lmao:

PHC1 03-05-2010 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 66662)
Yup, I have all the detailed brochures & specs!

Great, so which color will it be? Will you have Dave paint them to match you Ferrari, Lambo or the Porsche? :smoking:

Lildebs888 03-05-2010 11:42 PM

I am so happy you were able to meet him. I have always looked up to my father! Peter is also a wonderful addition to the Wilson family. Very easy to talk to, and so helpful. Sounds like you had a wonderful night! I only wish I was able to attend as well ... Lucky man! :thumbsup:

My best to all of you, and have a wonderful, fun filled weekend full of great listening! :music:
Deb