AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Seven Simple Rules For Happiness That Lasts! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46347)

Masterlu 07-29-2019 09:47 AM

Seven Simple Rules For Happiness That Lasts!

1. Free your heart from hatred. You don’t always have to be the warrior, the righter of evil. Forgiveness breeds contentment, and true peace begins with a smile.

2. Honor your family and true friends. It is they who provide the real contentment in life. Someone to count on who loves you means far more in life than the possessions you acquire, and the satisfaction is far greater, and lasts far longer. Memories of love is what will sustain you.

3. Look at the glass as half full. We can always find fault; the happiest among us see light in the dark and beauty in the kind.

4. Give more. Be there when you are needed. Giving of yourself always returns more than the investment.

5. Decide today will be a good day. Tell someone you care. Life will react accordingly, even if you don’t think you see immediate results. Love, understanding and kindness seem to attract love, understanding and kindness.

6. There will always be rough seas, but there is calm after every storm.

7. Fill yourself from the inside. It’s not the clothes or the size of your house, nor the car you drive that defines you, it is the people you touch and those you allow to touch you.

cdobson 07-29-2019 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 59623

cdobson 07-29-2019 11:46 AM

Simple pleasures

Audiophilehi 07-29-2019 12:07 PM

So true!! Great post Ivan! Thanks!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Robert_Anderson 07-29-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 974557)
1. Free your heart from hatred. You don’t always have to be the warrior, the righter of evil. Forgiveness breeds contentment, and true peace begins with a smile.

2. Honor your family and true friends. It is they who provide the real contentment in life. Someone to count on who loves you means far more in life than the possessions you acquire, and the satisfaction is far greater, and lasts far longer. Memories of love is what will sustain you.

3. Look at the glass as half full. We can always find fault; the happiest among us see light in the dark and beauty in the kind.

4. Give more. Be there when you are needed. Giving of yourself always returns more than the investment.

5. Decide today will be a good day. Tell someone you care. Life will react accordingly, even if you don’t think you see immediate results. Love, understanding and kindness seem to attract love, understanding and kindness.

6. There will always be rough seas, but there is calm after every storm.

7. Fill yourself from the inside. It’s not the clothes or the size of your house, nor the car you drive that defines you, it is the people you touch and those you allow to touch you.

Nice post, Ivan. Usually I'm sarcastic, but I had a close health call today that makes me appreciate life, friendships, and just how lucky we truly are.

bart 07-29-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson (Post 974572)
Nice post, Ivan. Usually I'm sarcastic, but I had a close health call today that makes me appreciate life, friendships, and just how lucky we truly are.

Bob, stay healthy!
Good luck.
Big hug.

Robert_Anderson 07-29-2019 06:51 PM

Thanks!

miner 07-29-2019 08:40 PM

We want you around for a long time Bob. Take care of yourself.

Levitator 07-29-2019 10:38 PM

Great post Ivan!

Parabellum 07-29-2019 11:17 PM

So true.. From my very own experience and understanding of life, life in essence revolves about two simple things.. To love, and be loved. The rest...