AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   7 more poisionious & more deadly snakes in my house - WW OCC Silver on Platinum PC's (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=16016)

vintage_tube 09-13-2012 04:13 PM

7 more poisionious & more deadly snakes in my house - WW OCC Silver on Platinum PC's

2 Attachment(s)
Big headed & deadly potent.:thumbsup:

Hope Ms. Paganini isn't afraid of snakes -- she will have 4 to herself.:eek:

Let the :music: begin.

Best

Bob

Masterlu 09-13-2012 04:46 PM

Very Nice Bob!

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...s-img_1310.jpg

vintage_tube 09-13-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 363701)
Very Nice Bob!

Thank-you Sir...David and company does great work and offers, as you know, a very, very, fine line of cables. The best I have tried to date.:yes:

Kudos to them (and for a quick turn around on the OCC terms).:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Best

Bob

chessman 09-13-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 363701)

:drool::drool::drool:

Masterlu 09-13-2012 05:55 PM

I have a very large WW order coming tomorrow with lots of these too. :)

Wireworld has experienced tremendous growth in the past year, they will be expanding their location. Well deserved, I may add. :ok:

jfray 09-13-2012 07:22 PM

Bob,

What are your thoughts on these....?

jdandy 09-13-2012 07:31 PM

Bob.......SWEET! :banana:

No wonder Wireworld is delayed in making my two new Silver Electra power cords. Your order obviously created a big bottleneck. :D

vintage_tube 09-13-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfray (Post 363786)
Bob, What are your thoughts on these....?

Awhile back ago, I started to write a word doc on the WW Platinum PC's and the Platinum Eclipse XLR's -- but it was OBE (ovecome by events) and I never started the thread. Please keep in mind, this was pre-Ms. Paganini who demands 4 of those puppies & I had the MCD1100 at the time. So, here is the synopsis on the Platinums and a touch on the Platinum XLR's.

Received and installed these in January 2012; but hadn't commented on them until I had what I considered to be uniformly stable & broken in.

The lot consists of 4 Platinum Electra Power Cords and 2 pairs of their Platinum XLR's.

These power cords replaced Isoclean Super Focus and the XLR's replaced WW Silver Eclipse 6's. The Isoclean SF cables were by far the best constructed cables I have had the pleasure of owning and to this day won't say one negative comment about them. Quite a few dismiss the Isoclean brand because it is made in China (HK actually, I'm led to believe), but they are amazing; and for their cost, especially on the used market, a fantastic deal. The XLR's are placing WW Silver Eclipse 6's. I heard the power cords at my dealers store; but hadn't heard the Platinum XLR's, but had read of rave reviews on AA and elsewhere. Therefore, I could only image it would be for the better especially, for the sake of synergy -- wire amps & sources with the WW Platinum Power Cords & source & amp audio signals with the Platinum Eclipse.

The audition at the dealers store was semi-helpful as the power cords & IC’s had few hours on them (he uses Nordost Odin power cords and IC’s as his go to cabling & expressly during all equipment auditions) and so, the power cords had a ways to go before they could be considered broken in. But, I liked what I heard (great depth, no crispy edges & precise & stable & focused imaging) and with that, it seemed to begin the cure for my physical & mental fight with the LU FLU.

So, after approx 250+ hours since January, as I sit here listening, I can say there is no crispy edginess as I was somewhat expecting to hear with silver. The sound is clean, punchy, great depth & the stereo spread has increased the width of the sound stage. So, I’ve very happy with these and will remain in my system for the remainder. I can add a big check mark in the column annotating cabling as an upgrade possibility. It now accompanies a check mark in the amplifier, preamp, vinyl source, and speaker columns. One last column remains and then folks, I’m done after 50+ years enjoying & buying music. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined at 11 years old when I bought my first 45 seven inch record and my mom gave me some extra $$’s for raking leaves/cutting the grass so I could buy that $13 record player that I would be so fortunate to have the system I have today.

It has been a great ride. :thumbsup::music::shortbus:

Bob

jfray 09-13-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 363810)
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined at 11 years old when I bought my first 45 seven inch record and my mom gave me some extra $$’s for raking leaves/cutting the grass so I could buy that $13 record player that I would be so fortunate to have the system I have today.

It has been a great ride. :thumbsup::music::shortbus:

Bob

Bob...... This was a great read!! Congrats on your system it is beautiful!!!! :yes:

vintage_tube 09-13-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfray (Post 363814)
Bob...... This was a great read!! Congrats on your system it is beautiful!!!! :yes:

All of us have a uniqie where did your audio journey begin -- for me it as then and even though it had a couple end of the road journeys, I always found the audio highway again.

Best Josh & glad you enjoyed the story and last sentence.

Bob