AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Pass Labs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Basic hook-up question Pass monoblocs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45799)

daveneumann 05-11-2019 01:06 PM

Basic hook-up question Pass monoblocs

I just upgraded to X260.8 amps, they arrived today! Each amp has both Right and Left speaker terminals, even though they are monoblocs and only have one input (RCA or XLR). On the back, there is a "L" over the Left speaker terminals and a "M" over the Right speaker terminals.

Does it matter which outputs I connect my speakers to, or should I connect them to the Right speaker terminals on both amps since these have an "M" (assume for Mono) over them? The owners manual is a generic .8 book and says nothing about hooking up as monoblocs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

crwilli 05-11-2019 07:23 PM

I tried to find your answer in the owners manual but it has very little info. Best to call your dealer.

Jdsmoke 05-11-2019 08:33 PM

The L and M are for adjusting the light and meter. You can put a 3mm flat head screwdriver in the hole right by each letter and adjust them to ensure they match up to each other.

For speaker terminals, you can use either side. Just make sure if you are using spades, that you enter from the side and that the spade fully seats itself in grove. Otherwise, you will not get any sound.

daveneumann 05-12-2019 06:48 AM

Thanks JDSmoke! Seems like the manual could be more specific and spell out the Light and Meter adjustments. I like the speaker binding posts on the back of the amps, they limit how tight you can make them.

Anyway, even after only 8 hours of being turned on, they sound very good. Looking forward to further break in.

Dave

Mikado463 05-12-2019 09:27 AM

Sorry for late reply Dave but as JD said either side. FWIW I utilize the left taps (as viewed from the backside) for both channels.

Glad to hear you're enjoying yours, I know I've reached the 'end game' with mine !

Jdsmoke 05-12-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveneumann (Post 964614)
Seems like the manual could be more specific and spell out the Light and Meter adjustments.Dave

Yea, definitely and area for improvement. But if you call then they walk you through everything. That’s how I found out. I thought the L was for low. Like you would use if bi-wiring or something. The connections are key because if the spades don’t fit in perfect, their is now sound.

I love my Pass.

aardvarkbark 05-19-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 964620)
...I know I've reached the 'end game' with mine !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdsmoke (Post 964668)
...I love my Pass.

Ditto and ditto for me.

Sounds like OP question has been answered. Limitations of Owner's Manual notwithstanding, it's comforting knowing that Kent English at Pass is responsive by phone and email, and just a delight to deal with, should the AD not be.

Swisstrips 06-05-2019 07:38 PM

Assuming the XA .5's don't have that capability (L+M adj) at least that's obvious, is there anyway to adjust the meter (angle, color intensity)? One of my XA mono's is a touch different color and I assume I would have to send both into service and was just seeing if anyone had run into something similar.

I would go through withdrawals not having my rig for a couple weeks or whatever it would take. Although i would probably get some overdue chores completed