AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Esoteric Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Esoteric cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=30862)

justubes 03-25-2015 10:24 PM

Esoteric cables

Hi,

Does anyone tried or has comments on the Esoteric or also branded as Acrolink cables in particular the powercord pc9500.

It was reported to work well with esoteric gear as the internal wiring is also under the same brand.

The pc9500 powercord has some although not many reviews but those who have used them seems blown by them, they are not outrageously priced but not cheap either at $3k+.

Masterlu 03-25-2015 10:47 PM

Acrolink cables are no longer imported by Esoteric in the USA.

Colekat 03-29-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justubes (Post 686607)
Hi,

Does anyone tried or has comments on the Esoteric or also branded as Acrolink cables in particular the powercord pc9500.

It was reported to work well with esoteric gear as the internal wiring is also under the same brand.

The pc9500 powercord has some although not many reviews but those who have used them seems blown by them, they are not outrageously priced but not cheap either at $3k+.

They are a great cord for Esoteric gear, so are the ICs, and the price on the second hand market is as low as it has been. Go to Kraków Sonic Society, see reviews, they go back to 9100's and have with great detail auditioned to present cords. Great site for cable reviews!

justubes 04-01-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colekat (Post 687532)

They are a great cord for Esoteric gear, so are the ICs, and the price on the second hand market is as low as it has been. Go to Kraków Sonic Society, see reviews, they go back to 9100's and have with great detail auditioned to present cords. Great site for cable reviews!

Thanks for the headsup, colekat. One of the few reviews.

Resistance was wasting much time combing for a solid answer and have one on the cooker right now.

Had a demo at the dealers and based on my reference of a few similar and higher range cords, they do have excellent definition, detail and clarity and still found it relaxing enough.

Preliminary, its not a cord which sounds romatic which often leads to wider staging. Pretty neutral but smooth and has something special about definition and clarity typically associated with silver or lean sounding cables but sufficiently natural sounding.

Now i get what the reviews really were getting on compared to something like the siltechs which cost much much more. Fir the technical point, probably the detail , definition and clarity eventually appealed to the mind of them reviewers which wgich probably raises exactly the issue of whether more detail, definition and clarity with sufficient naturalness.... can it ever be wrong..

But it was that detail in the different setup which i am accustomed to at home already, maybe had things pretty well synergised in my system but guessed that the added clarity couldnt make it a wrong choice to somehow work it with different positions and permutations.

BSC 04-11-2015 02:40 PM

I have just purchased an Esoteric 8N-A2000 RCA for between my A-100 amp and X-03SE player replacing or rather in tandem with an Argento XLR interconnect which itself was a nice cable.

I have to say the Mexcel/Esoteric brings another level to the sound-more vibrant.

To my ears there is no volume difference between RCA and XLR on the A-100 which is unusual.

costintdan 03-22-2018 07:13 AM

I just bought 2 pcs of Esoeric Mexcel PC-9500 and I have to say that the result is incredible!!! - extended and refined highs and supreme control over staging, imaging and separation with considerable energy, intensity and drive.