AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magnepan (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   20.7 prices (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39275)

timm 05-01-2017 08:10 PM

20.7 prices

Hi all.

Time is drawing near. Believe I will be pulling the trigger in the next couple of months. Does anyone know if there is any movement on the price for the 20 series? Any wiggle room ? I have two dealers that I am considering and will be asking the hard questions soon. Am considering the cherry frames. Will need some speaker cable. Once this happens I will probably be blowing up the forums... :) Thanks Tim.

nicoff 05-01-2017 09:29 PM

There was a time when they were in short supply and there was little to no wiggle room. But that was a few years ago. My only advice is to try and support your local dealer if you have one in your town.

audio bill 05-01-2017 09:34 PM

Magnepan is one of the hardest lines to get discounts on since they have very limited dealers and reportedly smaller than usual margins. Fortunately their products offer an unusually high value which they retain much better than most audio gear.

timm 05-01-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicoff (Post 844885)
There was a time when they were in short supply and there was little to no wiggle room. But that was a few years ago. My only advice is to try and support your local dealer if you have one in your town.

This was indeed my plan. However, I did need to travel out of state to demo them as my local guy does not stock them. So that creates a bit of a conundrum.

cma29 05-01-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timm (Post 844862)
Hi all.

Time is drawing near. Believe I will be pulling the trigger in the next couple of months. Does anyone know if there is any movement on the price for the 20 series? Any wiggle room ? I have two dealers that I am considering and will be asking the hard questions soon. Am considering the cherry frames. Will need some speaker cable. Once this happens I will probably be blowing up the forums... :) Thanks Tim.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions. I've had mine for 4+ years. Still love them :thumbsup:

timm 05-02-2017 02:11 PM

Carlos ... I think this has been a 4 year PLAN!!!!! :)

timm 06-10-2017 10:42 PM

Hi all. So I am trying to work out a deal on the 20s and so now I started thinking about logistics. How are these shipped from Minnesota exactly? Will they ship to my house? Will they go to the dealer and at that point I'll have to figure out delivery from there? Let me know your experience on this as the 20s aren't exactly an easy move. Thanks again. Tim

cma29 06-10-2017 11:26 PM

Here is my experience: bought the 20.7 from a Chicago dealer in January 2013 and had them shipped to my home in Missouri in March 2013. They came via truck freight on a skid. No issues at all.

timm 06-10-2017 11:31 PM

So Carlos. Did they go to the dealer first and then the freight company picked up from their? Or did this come straight from magnepan? Did u hire the freight co or did the dealer handle it for u?

cma29 06-10-2017 11:43 PM

Not sure if the 20.7s went to the dealer first, but they arranged the whole thing so the speakers were delivered directly to my house. It was hassle-free except for getting those two huge boxes down to my basement and the speakers set up.