AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Revel Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   I'm Discovering REVEL: WOW!!! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34310)

prepress 01-24-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan (Post 755381)
Harman Store
Address: 527 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 822-2777

Thanks. I may check it out, even though I'm not in the speaker market. But, as the Gino Vannelli song says, the surest things can change.

oddeophile 01-24-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haydn (Post 755363)
I am getting better sound than ever from my Revel speakers since I put in a Shunyata Sigma HC power cord to a Cyclops v2 for my amps. Now I may upgrade some other cords.

Haydn I have as well. The more Sigma cords I've added in the more alive and sweet sounding my system has become.

Ritmo 01-24-2016 06:35 PM

I had several Revel products - F32s with the C32 and the Salon 2s. Wonderfully sounding speakers.

Ivan - Congrats on getting the line.

Masterlu 01-24-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritmo (Post 755536)
I had several Revel products - F32s with the C32 and the Salon 2s. Wonderfully sounding speakers.

Ivan - Congrats on getting the line.

:ok:

McDaddy 01-26-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 754776)
Since becoming a Revel dealer recently, I will be adding a pair up in Cape Cod.

That is great news indeed Ivan!

mtroo 01-26-2016 04:36 PM

Ivan,
Any thoughts on what you will install at the Cape? I am curious to hear your thoughts on the Ultima Rhythm subwoofer paired with the Salon2's.

Masterlu 01-26-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtroo (Post 756017)
Ivan,
Any thoughts on what you will install at the Cape? I am curious to hear your thoughts on the Ultima Rhythm subwoofer paired with the Salon2's.

Tim... I have a few new speaker lines, and will probably have my all Grandioso rig drive a few different brands.

crwilli 01-26-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 756054)
Tim... I have a few new speaker lines, and will probably have my all Grandioso rig drive a few different brands.

Geesh, guess we have to visit the Cape again this fall! Craig

Pio 01-29-2016 09:57 PM

Been breaking in the 208's - damn their good. Was listening to Eagles Greatest Hits Vol 2 and you can hear the different mics used song to song, that's pretty amazing.

They're ruthless with bad recording, lord, no sugar coating at all. Listening to Foo's "Times Like These" streamed through airplay made me turn the volume down. The quality improves dramatically with songs from Wasting Light and Sonic Highways! You can tell the band put more emphasis on sounding right.

Wifey requested Buble - very nice, I'm becoming a fan. Don't judge... lol BTW- she is really impressed too.

Other initial observations:

The sweet spot is huge! The tonal character doesn't change dramatically as I move around the couch, and I sit close.

The low mids and bass are phenomenal. Impact and slam is natural and blends seamlessly, this is kind of what I was missing before, that kick, that soul.

I haven't felt the need to dick around with their placement. So, at least in my room, they don't seem to be finicky. I will dial them in a bit more, just enjoying music too much right now, as I write this.

They sound strong! Again, the music's power is THERE! But not overdone, not "eq'd", eh em, sorry "voiced" to sound a certain way.

The highs aren't as sweet as what I'm used to, hopefully that gets better with more break in. I spent a lot of time with the Beryllium tweetered big brothers, that sweetness is not here as you would imagine at the price, but there is a lot of the Ultima Studio in here.

Glad I discovered these, I became a fan! And, very much by accident....

Pio 02-01-2016 09:54 PM

The high's have smoothed out SIGNIFICANTLY from my initial impressions. I have been breaking them in with the tweeter level set at +1. Now, even set at +1 there is no harshness just a slight tilt in balance.

But with the level set to flat the balance is spot on, the clarity and ease with which high frequency information conveyed is lovely. Highs and mids integrate as if they were one unit. Easily the best bass I have had in my room without a sub.

The cabinets are very well built and beautiful, they're fairly light at around 80 lbs for a big floor stander.

So, where are the corners cut to keep this from costing $10k or more? The packaging / shipping box is nowhere near what you get with a B&W 800 series. The packaging is downright flimsy by comparison. The spike kit is simple / pedestrian. But, that's about it.

Where Revel really put the goods is in what gets to your ears. The 208's just sound right! Incredibly involving and extremely detailed without beating you up.

I found this graph online of the frequency response of the F208. Pretty impressive performance. I am very very very happy with these! I am floored with how much great sound $5k can buy.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...psqfqtompy.jpg