AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Streaming & Television Shows (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Game of Thrones Season 8 (no spoilers) (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45716)

crwilli 04-29-2019 08:06 PM

Game of Thrones Season 8 (no spoilers)

Last night, I watched episode 3 of the penultimate season. It had to be one of if not the best, episode of any TV show I have ever seen - period.

I will leave it at that. For you GOT lovers, this is the one you have been waiting for. Incredibly dramatic, wonderfully shot and told.

Lots of threads to be tied up still but this episode has made the long waits between seasons worth it.

oddeophile 04-29-2019 08:13 PM

[emoji106][emoji106]

Audiophilehi 04-29-2019 11:15 PM

It for sure kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire episode!

Weirdcuba 04-30-2019 06:59 AM

I thought it was shot way too dark. I couldn’t see what was going on. I loved the plot though. Now the fun begins.

crwilli 04-30-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 963221)
I thought it was shot way too dark. I couldn’t see what was going on. I loved the plot though. Now the fun begins.

I have read online critics complaining about how dark it was shot. For me, that was never a thought.

mulveling 04-30-2019 11:56 AM

Overall I liked the ep 3 a lot (thankfully we've moved on from the Ep 1 & 2 snoozers), but certainly it looked like crap on a cheap murky-blacks LCD and with compression artifacts abound. Hard to keep up with parts of the action, though re-watching helps.

My main complaint on the substance is that the conclusion was just too convenient and didn't fully jive with me nor seem as genuine and gritty as other parts of the series. I'm slightly disappointed there weren't more major deaths, lol.

Also, "penultimate" means next-to-last. That would be season 7 in this case ;)

W9TR 04-30-2019 11:56 AM

It looked very dark and awesome on our calibrated JVC RS 500U. Totally darkened room. My only beef is the stream we used from Apple exhibited a bunch of compression artifacts. Can’t wait to see the 4K disc version.
Tom

mulveling 04-30-2019 12:00 PM

Yes, I think a fully darkened room and better quality TV/projector is almost a MUST for this episode. I wonder what the show creators, for all the amazing effort they obviously bled into this, thought of this episode on a more common bog-quality LCD like I viewed it on? Under those conditions, it looked awful for the most part :(

crwilli 04-30-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling (Post 963239)
Overall I liked the ep 3 a lot (thankfully we've moved on from the Ep 1 & 2 snoozers), but certainly it looked like crap on a cheap murky-blacks LCD and with compression artifacts abound. Hard to keep up with parts of the action, though re-watching helps.

My main complaint on the substance is that the conclusion was just too convenient and didn't fully jive with me nor seem as genuine and gritty as other parts of the series. I'm slightly disappointed there weren't more major deaths, lol.

Also, "penultimate" means next-to-last. That would be season 7 in this case ;)

Ha! They are breaking season 8 into 2 parts...

W9TR 04-30-2019 03:19 PM

So now we get to predict what will happen to end the great war to come.

Jamie Lannister gets killed in the upcoming battle. Arya steals his face then meets with Cersei and in an intimate moment kills her with her now famous Valarian steel dagger. While it might not go down exactly in that way, I'm betting Arya will kill Cersei, ending the war.

In Season 8 episode 3, Melisandre reiterated the line she spoke way back near the beginning of the series: “And in that darkness, eyes staring back at me. Brown eyes. Blue eyes. Green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever. ”

Walter Frey had brown eyes, The Night King had blue eyes, and Cersei has green eyes.

In another prophecy Cersei learns all her children will die and a ‘little brother’ will kill her. Narrows the field a bit.