AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Yggdrasil ordered. Goodbye Gumby... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42146)

PHC1 03-10-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundmig (Post 904818)
Great .... now I'm going to have to sell my Gumby and get a Yggy. I hope I can get most of my money back out of the Gumby - it is btw a great sounding DAC.

They are both great DACs. At these price levels they bring incredible performance and value. Keep in mind that while I did mention yggy sounded better straight out of the box, these are audiophile level observations and taking diminishing returns into consideration, either Gumby or Yggy are immensely enjoyable. Gumby certainly did not disappoint me and i could have easily kept enjoying it if I did not decide to try the yggy after Dan’s stellar review.

If you do decide to sell Gumby, try listing it in a headphone oriented site like headfi as they are extremely popular and I sold my unit in one day.

W9TR 03-10-2018 11:08 AM

Serge - glad you finally got your new DAC. I’m sure it will make for an enjoyable weekend of listening to old favorites and discovering new ones.
Tom

Tie_breaker 03-10-2018 11:54 AM

Serge congrats!! Enjoy, and thank you for the videos..

PHC1 03-10-2018 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 904845)
Serge - glad you finally got your new DAC. I’m sure it will make for an enjoyable weekend of listening to old favorites and discovering new ones.
Tom

Thanks Tom. It’s been on since it arrived yesterday and I will continue to play music and putting more hours on it. Last night my wife and I both enjoyed some great music over wine and cheese. It’s what makes this hobby great. She is starting to participate in the audiophile obsession noticing every change I make to the system. She was out when Yggy arrived and when she came down to the basement she noticed the “new” component right away and commented it sounds really good. I like the part of enjoying music together, the other part I’m not sure yet! :D

PHC1 03-10-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tie_breaker (Post 904864)
Serge congrats!! Enjoy, and thank you for the videos..

Thank you! I’ve always liked the “visuals” even if YouTube videos can not quite reproduce the actual sound quality . I still find it interesting enough and perhaps some of our members do as well.

Puma Cat 03-12-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 904869)
Thank you! I’ve always liked the “visuals” even if YouTube videos can not quite reproduce the actual sound quality . I still find it interesting enough and perhaps some of our members do as well.

Videos? What videos? ;)

PHC1 03-12-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 905384)
Videos? What videos? ;)

Stephen, see post 62 and 63 of this thread. Just some quick videos I made of the first day with YggY.

Puma Cat 03-16-2018 07:59 PM

Cool, thanks.