AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Schiit (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Yggdrasil ordered. Goodbye Gumby... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42146)

jdandy 02-09-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 898420)
Dan - Is that a special? Just checked WW's website and they not listing a Gold Starlight 7. Jumps from Silver to Platinum.

Glenn.......PM Ivan. He'll connect you up. :p

tweet 02-09-2018 10:35 PM

Serge,
Congratulations on the new Yggdrasil. Looking forward to reading your review after you have some time to bond with it. Fun times ahead.

bart 02-10-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898425)
Glenn.......PM Ivan. He'll connect you up. :p

Official retail prices of WW here:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18548

PHC1 02-10-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 898389)
Serge.......Congratulations on your new Yggdrasil. It truly is an exceptional DAC. You and I will be enjoying the same source component and DAC in our respective sound systems. Kind of cool. I am loving the Simaudio MOON Neo 260D transport and Yggdrasil combination. I have been listening to it since about 4:00 PM today. I now have 25 hours on the 260D transport and haven't found a single thing to nitpick about.

I am not only looking forward to your impressions of the MOON Neo 260D with the Yggdrasil, I am also looking forward to reading your impressions of the Yggdrasil compared to the Gumby.

You are in for a real treat with your new Yggdrasil and 260D transport. Here's to many hours of enjoyable listening.

Thanks Dan! I'm looking forward to hearing YggY in my new system and comparing to what I heard with Gumby. My findings/observations will be more on the "macro" side as to the differences at this point since I will no longer be able to compare two side by side in a thorough A/B comparison. Still it will be interesting to see if anything jumps out immediately and as the YggY breaks in a bit. The break in of Gumby is still vivid in my mind as is the performance in my new system with the recordings I used for reference.

I have also ordered a Wireworld Gold Starlight 7 AES/EBU so yes, we do have an identical source now. :D

Down Under 02-10-2018 10:27 PM

Is the Moon 260D Transport +Yggy the "new black " of the audio world......?

jadedavid 02-10-2018 10:46 PM

Congrats on the Yggy

Puma Cat 02-11-2018 12:17 AM

Congrats, Serge! I am looking forward to your initial impresssions as and well as more of your trademark reviews (you and Dan set the bar for us all).

BTW, also congrats on the Harbeths! I heard the 30.1s with C-J amplification, and I have to say they are a ravishingly beautiful-sounding speaker. I have thought long and hard about getting a pair. Actually, that is an understatement: I have thought very long and very hard about getting a pair. The only issue with them is that they don't come up for sale used very often because their owners are so happy with them!

Maybe someday (or maybe I will buy yours if you ever upgrade to 40.1s-Ha!)

Enjoy and best regards my friend,

Stephen

JMD 02-11-2018 12:35 AM

Stephen

Look on HiFi Shark as there are four pair for sale between $3000 and $3800 including one pair in San Marco, Ca.

Puma Cat 02-11-2018 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMD (Post 898661)
Stephen

Look on HiFi Shark as there are four pair for sale between $3000 and $3800 including one pair in San Marco, Ca.

Okay, cool, thanks, Jack!

JMD 02-11-2018 12:43 AM

No problem. Unfortunately if I remember correctly the cheapest pair is the farthest from you in NC. They should sound amazing with your CJ gear. The people I know with them other than Serge are using Luxman, Triode and MastersounD.