AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Got it ! Monbrison (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=20725)

Michael7 04-21-2013 05:57 PM

Got it ! Monbrison

Hello,

finally I got a Monbrison today :-D

What can I tell.....my first impressions...I don't know...I got overwhelmed from the details of the music and warmth.....but at the same time the Monbrison was soooo fast.

I run the Monbrison with PASS Aleph 0 Monos SS (75W per chanel)

and my LS are Genesis V with 90db ...... what do you say: can I drive the Genesis V with a Shindo amp ??? and if you say yes, which amp do you suggest???

p.s. the Genesis V got a extra amp for the woofers so I only need a amp for mid and high section.

lokking forward for many advides :-)

a happy Shindomaniac....

Michael

charlesp 04-21-2013 06:05 PM

Congratulations!

TommyC 04-21-2013 06:12 PM

Big congrats Michael!

Jerome W 04-22-2013 06:32 AM

Congrats Michael and welcome to the Shindo club !
Where did you get it finally ?

Michael7 04-22-2013 04:22 PM

I got it about 30 kilometres away :-)

Got the older version without the "window" .... but 500ohm impedance not 5K ohm....
I asking me to keep my PASS Aleph 0 Monos or to search a Shindo amp.....but which one.....

Jerome W 04-23-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael7
I got it about 30 kilometres away :-)

Got the older version without the "window" .... but 500ohm impedance not 5K ohm....
I asking me to keep my PASS Aleph 0 Monos or to search a Shindo amp.....but which one.....

I cannot help you here because I do not know your speakers.
You may be interested to know that tube amplifiers do not like passive biamplification. They need active biamplification with an active filter to be happy.
But I do not know any Shindo power amp owner who uses them in a biamp set up.

gortnipper 04-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 482524)
You may be interested to know that tube amplifiers do not like passive biamplification. They need active biamplification with an active filter to be happy.

Pardon the digression, but why is this?

Jerome W 04-23-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gortnipper

Pardon the digression, but why is this?

I cannot find the link to the thread where Ron Cornelius and Neil ( nsgarch ) were explaining this. But they were both very clear : tubes do not like at all to receive the whole signal and drive only some drivers in a part of the spectrum.
If they are connected to the mids and treble drivers, they should not receive the bass frequencies....

Michael7 04-24-2013 01:53 PM

I got Genesis V speekers with 90db
The woovers are driven by a extra amp...The Pass Alpeh 0 monos drive the mid and highs....so a shindo amp only has to drive the mid and highs. dont know which shindo amp is fine...I like warm and vivid sound...

Michael7 04-27-2013 08:05 AM

Jerome W no ideas for my LS?? Which Shindo amp could match them?