AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Audio Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Qobuz now playing (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45565)

jdandy 04-08-2019 07:03 PM

Qobuz now playing

https://lindemann-audio.de/wp-conten...11/qobuz-1.png

This morning I decided to give Qobuz a try. I accepted their 30 day free trial offer and subscribed to the Studio Level that allows for streaming music files up to 24 Bit/192KHz. After this first 30 day trial I will be billed $24.99 per month for access to Qobuz at their Studio Level. I downloaded the Windows 64Bit app onto my office desktop, then from my Galaxy S10 I went to the Google Play Store and downloaded the Qobuz app for my phone. I use two separate iPads at home, one for the upstairs living room system and one downstairs for the studio system. Aurender supports Qobuz with their Conductor App, so it was as simple as going to the Setup page, tapping on the Streaming tab, tap on the Qobuz button, then entering my user name and password. Like magic the Qobuz icon appeared in the Conductor App and I was up and running. Qobuz is perfectly integrated into the Conductor App and everything is working smooth as silk.

I have been listening to all sorts of new releases today, and I am pleased to report the sound is excellent. Right now I am enjoying Giovanni Guidi - Avec Le Temps, a 24Bit/88.2KHz recording on the ECM label. The sound is remarkably clean, rich, airy, and resolving. I plan to do plenty of listening between now and the time my free trial period ends, but at this point I am already very satisfied with the quality of streaming in high-res FLAC format. This streaming service just may be a keeper.

Puma Cat 04-08-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 960529)

This morning I decided to give Qobuz a try. I accepted their 30 day free trial offer and subscribed to the Studio Level that allows for streaming music files up to 24 Bit/192KHz. After this first 30 day trial I will be billed $24.99 per month for access to Qobuz at their Studio Level. I downloaded the Windows 64Bit app onto my office desktop, then from my Galaxy S10 I went to the Google Play Store and downloaded the Qobuz app for my phone. I use two separate iPads at home, one for the upstairs living room system and one downstairs for the studio system. Aurender supports Qobuz with their Conductor App, so it was as simple as going to the Setup page, tapping on the Streaming tab, tap on the Qobuz button, then entering my user name and password. Like magic the Qobuz icon appeared in the Conductor App and I was up and running. Qobuz is perfectly integrated into the Conductor App and everything is working smooth as silk.

I have been listening to all sorts of new releases today, and I am pleased to report the sound is excellent. Right now I am enjoying Giovanni Guidi - Avec Le Temps, a 24Bit/88.2KHz recording on the ECM label. The sound is remarkably clean, rich, airy, and resolving. I plan to do plenty of listening between now and the time my free trial period ends, but at this point I am already very satisfied with the quality of streaming in high-res FLAC format. This streaming service just may be a keeper.

:thumbsup:

Poppyhome 04-08-2019 07:53 PM

It's fun listening to old stuff from yesteryears. :thumbsup:

Ron

jdandy 04-08-2019 08:24 PM

Ron.......I've been listening to Qobuz on the living room system going on 10 hours now. I'm still listening and have to say I am impressed with the sound quality. I have been all over the place, jazz, classical, rock, country, R&B. So far I am impressed.

Poppyhome 04-08-2019 08:34 PM

It's a keeper.........most everything you want at your fingertips.

"Currently, Qobuz has more than 185,000 albums in Hi-Res Audio quality. This collection is constantly being added to with new releases and re-issues."

Ron

jdandy 04-08-2019 09:35 PM

Ron.......More music than a person would have time to listen to in a lifetime.

audio bill 04-08-2019 09:46 PM

Qobuz is still working out US licensing issues on many of the titles they already have access to in other parts of the world, so their music selection will continue to grow as new agreements are negotiated. I find such high quality streaming services to be very addictive for music lovers... you have been warned! :D :music:

Antonmb 04-09-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 960529)

[emoji106]

bart 04-09-2019 03:21 AM

Dan, welcome to the Qobuz fan club! :D

I also like the streaming service.
And as Ron wrote, more and more new hi-res albums, as well as good remasters of older albums, are released every week.

No wonder that streaming has surpassed CD sales almost everywhere in the world now...

Toccata 04-19-2019 01:57 PM

I'm very happy with the sound quality--easily as good as any CD or FLAC I own.