AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender N100H Is In The House - Transferring Music Very Slow (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40929)

jdandy 10-26-2017 11:23 PM

Paul.......That is good response time. Jesse and his team are sharp. He helped me once when I had an issue with my desktop not wanting to see the Aurender hard drives. His tech remotely accessed my N10 and had the issue corrected in less than five minutes. I believe they will be able to help you with the slow download.

Thanks for keeping us up to date as progress is made.

Audiophilehi 10-26-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 875296)
Paul.......That is good response time. Jesse and his team are sharp. He helped me once when I had an issue with my desktop not wanting to see the Aurender hard drives. His tech remotely accessed my N10 and had the issue corrected in less than five minutes. I believe they will be able to help you with the slow download.

Thanks for keeping us up to date as progress is made.

My pleasure Dan! Here's the screenshot.

Audiophilehi 10-26-2017 11:29 PM

Still can't figure out how to attach nice pics.

vintage_tube 10-26-2017 11:48 PM

https://i.imgur.com/VKYSdd1.jpg

pete6737 10-27-2017 11:34 PM

Aurender N100H Is In The House - Transferring Music Very Slow

I’m closely watching this thread. I’m hoping to buy one after the new year. I hope they can resolve your issue.

Audiophilehi 10-28-2017 12:36 AM

***Update***

I believe the issue was with my Seagate 5TB external HDD. See Jesse's response to me below.

Hello Paul

"This is an unusual problem and I’ve requested some more information from the engineers about this. Since it is the weekend in Korea, it may take a couple of days before I hear back from them. In the meantime, would it be possible to cancel the copy and try transferring some of the content (not all, but enough to be a lot) and see if it still works slowly?

I’ve never seen this happen before so it also may help to know the make and model of the USB hard disk you are using and also the file system on the disk.

Further, if the USB disk works with or without a power supply, have you tried it with or without the power supply to see if there is any change?"

Best Regards,

Jesse

So before I responded I thought maybe it is my USB HDD so I went to the bullpen and brought in my OWC backup HDD. :scratch2:

Well all I can say is with the Seagate HDD in about 8 hours I transferred only 28GB of music. With the OWC HDD I'm currently at 30GB in about 15 minuets. :banana:

Not sure why this would be an issue with my Seagate HDD but all I can say is that because of Aurender's excellent customer service I am on my way. :D

P.S.

Jesse's email to me was on Saturday 9:32AM Korea time. Not bad customer service.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PHC1 10-28-2017 12:42 AM

There you go. :thumbsup:

jdandy 10-28-2017 12:47 AM

Paul.......So glad to hear the issue has essentially been solved. The Aurender N100H wasn't the bottleneck, the Seagate USB hard drive was the culprit. It's good that you took the initiative to experiment with a different hard drive. Kudos to Jesse for the excellent customer response. I expect he will be getting back to you with additional information. My experience with Jesse was remarkable as well. It is satisfying to know there are top quality people supporting your equipment and willing to respond to issues even on the weekend. Aurender manufacturers premium components and definitely walks the walk when it comes to customer service. Top notch in my book.

Audiophilehi 10-28-2017 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 875511)
Paul.......So glad to hear the issue has essentially been solved. The Aurender N100H wasn't the bottleneck, the Seagate USB hard drive was the culprit. It's good that you took the initiative to experiment with a different hard drive. Kudos to Jesse for the excellent customer response. I expect he will be getting back to you with additional information. My experience with Jesse was remarkable as well. It is satisfying to know there are top quality people supporting your equipment and willing to respond to issues even on the weekend. Aurender manufacturers premium components and definitely walks the walk when it comes to customer service. Top notch in my book.

Thanks Dan.....I couldn't be happier! I'm sure we can all agree on that when something is not right with any part of our system it can be frustrating. A quick response can calm the nerves. :yes: In my case Aurender's customer service is above and beyond.

It also doesn't hurt that the N100H sounds incredible. A huge step up from my Mac-Mini. I'm sure it will improve even more over time.

Wow just realized its 1:38am and I'm still listening. :D Maybe just one more album. :smoking:

PHC1 10-28-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 875518)
Wow just realized its 1:38am and I'm still listening. :D Maybe just one more album. :smoking:

That's the spirit. I'm also up and listening, same time zone. Maybe just one more album! :music: