AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Phono-Pre Amps & Cartridges (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Adjust + software for alignment help (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42207)

robd2 02-15-2018 08:57 PM

Adjust + software for alignment help

Anyone try the Adjust + software ? http://www.feickert.org/index.php?id=12&L=1

Looks very interesting if you can find out how to buy it.

audio bill 02-15-2018 09:11 PM

From some references I found it appears to have sold for ~$300 or more depending on exchange rates, but doesn't currently seem to be available. I can find their alignment tool at a couple of places but no mention of the Adjust+ software.

restock 02-16-2018 12:44 AM

Contact Chris Feickert directly through the website.

tima 02-17-2018 03:35 AM

There is another product along the lines of Feickert's Adjust+ Pro that recently came to market: it is named AnalogMajik. It includes two test LPs (one 33rpm, one 45rpm), downloadable software and an USB dongle. Price is $700. Which if I recall correctly is a bit less than Feickert's Adjust+ Pro.

Described as: "All in one cartridge setup software & test LPs. A Scientific & Repeatable Method to Calibrate: Speed, VTA, Azimuth, Anti Skating, Loading Gain, VTF, Resonant Frequency, Vibrations."

TT output of test records -> preamp -> soundcard -> computer+usb software dongle. A specific, inexpensive soundcard (ART USB Phono Plus) is recommended.

The idea being to align your cartridge using a protractor (or whatever you use), run AnalogMajik software tests, see the numbers coming out of those tests then make physical adjustments to your cartridge, arm, and table. Run tests again to compare results. Repeat as necessary. This is the same basic methodology used by Feickert's Adjust+.

There is an accompanying movie at the AnalogMajik Web site that gives an overview. I looked at the movie and saw screen shots for:
- Speed, using a track with a 3150 Hz test signal,
- Azimuth, showing L/R crosstalk and Phase,
- VTA, showing L/R intermodulation distortion,
- Loading, showing Frequency Resonse Flatness in dB,
- VTF, showing L/R Total Harmonic Distortion,
- Gain, showing Signal to Noise Ratio
- Vibration, showing intermodulation distortion between two low frequency signals

And there is the pitch claiming: "some think you can only do this by listening, we believe you are better off relying on these numbers."

As regards the availability of Feickert's Adjust+ / Adjust+ Pro product, the English version of his Dr. Feickert Analogue Web site states: "Currently our online shop and the dedicated Adjust+ homepage are offline due to a maintenance and re-design. All products are in stock and available. In case you want to place an order please send us a mail with your inquiry by clicking here - we will send you more details on versions and pricing." Hard to say what is going on with Adjust+.

robd2 02-17-2018 12:00 PM

@tima excellent recommendation on analogmagik! This is just what I've been looking for. The total package is more than I wanted to pay, but when is that not the case... Seems similar in cost the group of tools you would have to buy otherwise. Foz+test records+USB microscope

Very interesting option.

dolsey01 02-20-2018 12:24 PM

The total package for the Analogmagik is really $599 for the Acoustical Systems SMARTractor + $700 for the Analogmagik software/test records + $75 for the ART USB Phono Preamp if you really want to do it right.

ylee 03-07-2018 09:42 AM

Anyone have experience with either of these tools?

richardallred 03-22-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robd2 (Post 900068)
@tima excellent recommendation on analogmagik! This is just what I've been looking for. The total package is more than I wanted to pay, but when is that not the case... Seems similar in cost the group of tools you would have to buy otherwise. Foz+test records+USB microscope

Very interesting option.

What was your experience with this product ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

R