AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

Isaacc7 10-23-2022 04:30 PM

Seems like he put in a lot of work and effort to make a video that amounts to a few posts here lol.

khashmi 10-23-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaacc7 (Post 1067726)
Seems like he put in a lot of work and effort to make a video that amounts to a few posts here lol.

He also has a pretty detailed write-up that I also appreciated: https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2022/...by-dennis-had/

khashmi 10-23-2022 10:17 PM

Quick questions:

Does anyone know the weight of the Firebottle KT-88? I can’t recall. I am thinking of buying the isoacoustics ZaZen isolation platform and the entry level platform has a weight capacity of 25 lbs.

Fielding a question for someone who is interested in the 300b amp. Will Dennis consider selling it without the 300b tubes and hence bring the price down? This gentlemen either already has 300b tubes or looking to purchase a cheaper variety but is interested in pairing it with the amp. He has no need for Western Electric tubes and hence the question.

Isaacc7 10-24-2022 11:41 PM

I finally got some adapters for the 5b/245m tubes. They are a mini 807 with a local base. Super cheap, the adapters cost more than the tubes! Not something a sensible person would do. Luckily no one has ever accused me of being that lol.

Had trouble finding an input tube that worked well with them and had started to wonder if they just weren't very good. Like every other tube I've tried the magic is in finding the right combo. This one required a tube that I had never had any luck with. The RCA 6sn7gtb with silver lettering never sounded right with any output tubes I tried. Until now.

The combo is rich as opposed to my regular combo's (Cossor 807 and Sylvania clear 14n7) open and deep sound. Great for electric guitars and any music you want to emphasize the "texture" of the sounds. Being a nut when it comes to accumulating tubes pays off again!

Isaacc7 10-28-2022 12:17 PM

FYI there is an Inspire triode Hotrod on eBay right now. Iím curious what the sound difference is between the SET and SEP sound apart from whatever a little more power can do.

Analog Addict 10-29-2022 05:11 PM

Exciting times at the Toy Shop. Look what just came in...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...8d212489_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...e2573e12_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr


You may have read or seen the Steve Huff review on the 300b. Well, I'm here to tell you that not only is that amp the bee's knees, but there is something potentially even more spectacular on the horizon....The PSE 300B.

It will feature a 5U4G rectifier, 3 VR-75 regulators, a 396a predriver, a 6SN7 driver and two 300Bs per channel.

You heard it first here. Pix soon......:music:

Isaacc7 10-29-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analog Addict (Post 1067922)
Exciting times at the Toy Shop. Look what just came in...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...8d212489_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...e2573e12_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr


You may have read or seen the Steve Huff review on the 300b. Well, I'm here to tell you that not only is that amp the bee's knees, but there is something potentially even more spectacular on the horizon....The PSE 300B.

It will feature a 5U4G rectifier, 3 VR-75 regulators, a 396a predriver, a 6SN7 driver and two 300Bs per channel.

You heard it first here. Pix soon......:music:

Whoa! That sounds like an amazing amp. Donít think Iíve ever heard a PSE 300b amp before. One of the best systems I have ever heard used a push pull 300b and Iíve had several PSE amps but not the combo lol. Dennis is heading back to the super high end!

Also that is the largest pile of WE stuff I have ever seen!

cgn-dt-n 10-30-2022 04:19 AM

Whow,

a WE300b PSE in times of inflation and recession?

Highest respect for such a decision. This can only be afforded by someone who is one of the best of the best!!! Phenomenal.

Quality, albeit expensive, prevails over cheap and bad from the discounter.

As with a car engine, a little more displacement and power can never hurt.

If I didn't already have the big WE300b DHJ and was very happy with it, I could get weak.

He plays with the LP2030 the Burmester combination 088 PRE and 956 MK2 Power as well as Soulution 325/311 and my Symphonic Line "Power Source 2" with update in 2019 with the new double shaft rectifier module apart from the maximum volume in the ground!

Since I don't need too much power with my 93db horn speakers, I would be more interested in a PSE 46 or 45/2a3.

But who knows what the future will bring.

So I have to dream a little and wait for the ordered phono station.

cgn-dt-n 10-30-2022 04:20 AM

I borrowed some rectifiers and 6SN7 from a friend to play with the KT170 in the KT88SEP amplifier.

One combination was good, this inner nervousness in the music had disappeared. But it was a 5R4 and not a 5U4.

Does anyone have experience with this rectifier?
In terms of parameters, it should be between 5AR4 and 5U4.

can I operate the 5R4 in the amplifier or do I get problems with it in the long run.

Analog Addict 10-30-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgn-dt-n (Post 1067934)
I borrowed some rectifiers and 6SN7 from a friend to play with the KT170 in the KT88SEP amplifier.

One combination was good, this inner nervousness in the music had disappeared. But it was a 5R4 and not a 5U4.

Does anyone have experience with this rectifier?
In terms of parameters, it should be between 5AR4 and 5U4.

can I operate the 5R4 in the amplifier or do I get problems with it in the long run.

5R4 and 5U4 are not all that different. You can use it without any difficulty.

Dennis has made PSE 45s before, although I don't remember seeing a PSE 2A3.
From my own experience with the first PSE 45, it's everything a regular 45 amp is, with twice the power.

Speaking of the 300b amp...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2e7479ea_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...9966aacc_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...14103d85_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr

Or how a 300b is born...

Speaking of born, here's the first look at a brand new bouncing baby PSE 300b...

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...415d13e2_b.jpgUntitled by analog addict, on Flickr


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2022 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.