AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Denon (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Denon DBP-4010UDCI Blu-ray Player Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=3515)

klipschfan 02-17-2010 11:36 PM

Denon DBP-4010UDCI Blu-ray Player Review

Denon DBP-4010UDCI Blu-ray Player Review from Audio/Video Revolution

Denon DBP-4010UDCI Blu-ray Player Review-AVRev.com

jdandy 02-17-2010 11:55 PM

The Denon DBP-4010UDCI Blu-ray player looks nice, albeit huge, and sports the Anchor Bay VRS technology underneath the hood, slow load times, and no USB, all for $2000.00. The Oppo BDP-83SE sports the same Anchor Bay VRS technology underneath its hood, USB connectivity, fast load times, 32 bit ESS DACs for the analog outputs, and no HDMI handshake problems, all for $899.00. Hmm, which way to go, two Oppo's and some change, or the Denon. :thought:

Still-One 02-18-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 63859)
The Denon DBP-4010UDCI Blu-ray player looks nice, albeit huge, and sports the Anchor Bay VRS technology underneath the hood, slow load times, and no USB, all for $2000.00. The Oppo BDP-83SE sports the same Anchor Bay VRS technology underneath its hood, USB connectivity, fast load times, 32 bit ESS DACs for the analog outputs, and no HDMI handshake problems, all for $899.00. Hmm, which way to go, two Oppo's and some change, or the Denon. :thought:

Dan
We lament the loss of so many High End audio stores yet when we buy direct from the Company like you with the the Oppo and me with the Olive, we hasten their demise. I do know that it costs to have a distribution system like Denon and we all know that those names brands never sell at list price. So the price gap on is probably closer to $500 or $600. Also for Denon receiver owners, they could pass the hi-rez audio via Denon Link.
Jim

jdandy 02-18-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 63907)
Dan
We lament the loss of so many High End audio stores yet when we buy direct from the Company like you with the the Oppo and me with the Olive, we hasten their demise. I do know that it costs to have a distribution system like Denon and we all know that those names brands never sell at list price. So the price gap on is probably closer to $500 or $600. Also for Denon receiver owners, they could pass the hi-rez audio via Denon Link.
Jim

Jim.......I know. That was just a first impression after reading the review. If I had a full blown Denon system I would probably not pass the Blu-ray player up. Denon is generally sold with full warranty through Denon authorized dealers at full list. If you managed to purchase the Denon Blu-ray through a discount store or site the warranty is usually void, according to Denon.

Denon makes amazing products, and is the leader in cutting edge technology when it comes to home theater receivers. Most other companies have been chasing Denon's lead for years. I was not attempting to disparage Denon, I was simply pointing out that another company is able to deliver the same goods and more at a considerably lower price point. For the record, Oppo is also sold in many retail stores, and on a number of audio gear websites at full list price. It is not strictly a factory ordered item.

Yes, we lament to fading of many high-end audio stores, but there are still many that have been able to take advantage of the changing times, and are able to present purchasing opportunitues in line with the times and technology. To survive in business you must have a business plan that works, and embraces current concepts. If a business is a stick in the mud, it will eventually disappear. That's not the customer's fault.