AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New cables! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41367)

Puma Cat 12-01-2017 02:28 PM

New cables!

So...I've got some new cables coming soon. I was able to snag another pair of Audioquest Colorado 1M RCA interconnects as a demo/Black Friday special deal. I've been running a full loom of AQ Columbia for my system for the last few years, and the AQ Columbia is a very good interconnect; the Colorado is another step up in transparency and lower noise floor over Columbia, resulting in a cleaner and quieter but very natural presentation. I'm running the one pair of Colorado I have between my preamp and power amp so that all source components will benefit from it. I'm going to use the new Colorado between Gumby and my C-J CT-5 preamp since i listen to Gumby more than my vinyl rig these days. The other cable I have coming is a pair of Shunyata Venom speaker cables which I've read good things about. I'll be comparing these to the DNM speaker cables I've been running since 2010. Also got the Venoms as a demo pair from a California dealer. Personally, I like used cables 'cause they're already burned in (as well as being a good value). :banana:

Karl Maga 12-01-2017 02:32 PM

Of course, we’ll want to hear your findings!

Puma Cat 12-01-2017 03:25 PM

Absolutely, Mike!

PHC1 12-01-2017 03:42 PM

I have to say Stephen, we diverge on our cable taste and preferences here as AQ is one of my least successful pairing from experience but much has to do with various components of course and system synergy. :yes: Looking forward to your impressions non the less! :thumbsup:

Puma Cat 12-01-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 883234)
I have to say Stephen, we diverge on our cable taste and preferences here as AQ is one of my least successful pairing from experience but much has to do with various components of course and system synergy. :yes: Looking forward to your impressions non the less! :thumbsup:

Agreed, Serge. A lot like what single-malt you prefer. :)

I find the pairing to provide very good synergy with C-J components.

They work for me, and they are quite affordable. For the longest time, I had a personal $200 limit on ICs, so these are a nice step up in performance.

PHC1 12-01-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 883236)
Agreed, Serge. A lot like what single-malt you prefer. :)

I find the pairing to provide very good synergy with C-J components.

They work for me, and they are quite affordable. For the longest time, I had a personal $200 limit on ICs, so these are a nice step up in performance.

Yes, that could be the CJ difference as my gear was BAT, Lamm, McIntosh and Ayre,I don't recall every trying them after that. It was a while ago. Things change, cables change. :yes: I also preferred the darker, more body and more meat on the bones type of sound back in the day. I am gravitating towards a more natural response now. I believe it was the Ayre and AQ pairing that completely made me give up on them.

Jerome W 12-01-2017 05:00 PM

Hello Stephen,
I have some AQ cables that I like.
What is the list price of the Colorado in 2 x 1 meter in the US ?

Puma Cat 12-01-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 883255)
Hello Stephen,
I have some AQ cables that I like.
What is the list price of the Colorado in 2 x 1 meter in the US ?

Hi Jerome, the Colorado cable is no longer in production; they originally sold for $900 for a 1 meter pair, RCA terminations. The pair I bought were a demo pair along with a Black Friday discount for $339.

Puma Cat 12-01-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 883234)

So, just out of curiosity, Serge, what interconnects did you like? :scratch2:

bradleyc 12-01-2017 09:12 PM

PHC1 did an interconnect shootout years ago that included AQ Colorado, try a site search.