AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo Synergy (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18899)

shindostevesan 01-30-2013 12:56 PM

Shindo Synergy

What initially drew me to putting together a Shindo system was removing the guess work in creating component synergy. I thought I had pretty much achieved my goal, although I was using the recommended Auditorium 23 speaker cables. I recently upgraded those cables with the Shindo speaker cables--which I've now had in the system for about 100 hours.

I wasn't really expecting much of an upgrade--the A23 cables had bested everything else I had tried--but boy was I surprised! Very much the equivalent of a component upgrade.

Just wanted to relay this to the other Shindo lovers out there. Don't forget the speaker cables if you're after the ultimate Shindo Synergy!! Not cheap, but to my ears worth every penny.

Freestone 01-30-2013 01:02 PM

Darn you! :)

Easy to say when you are under 2m; hurtful to us that are at 9m!

Jerome W 01-30-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestone (Post 435980)

Richard,
you cannot put your amps next to the speakers and run longer ICs ?

Freestone 01-30-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jérôme W (Post 435982)

Richard,
you cannot put your amps next to the speakers and run longer ICs ?

I could but Shindo I/c's aren't cheap either and I was told it was better to go long on speaker cables vs I/c's if you need to choose.

And I need to keep the rest if the gear, preamp and sources, 9m away.

shindostevesan 01-30-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestone (Post 435980)

But you will probably have the full size Latours before I do. Darn you back.:music:

Cucumber_Jones 01-30-2013 01:53 PM

Fantastic.

fjn04 01-30-2013 05:18 PM

I also went from a 2.5 to 9.0 meter A23 SC. In doing so, I was able to move my gear (on 12 ft wall) from in between my speakers. I still have the option of moving my LIGNO rack between the speakers. This would allow me a reasonably priced ticket to Shindo SC land. That said, I would AGAIN have the sonic liability of having all my gear between the speakers. Just mentioning this, as another aspect of running short/long cables. I would imagine if my room was wider, having my gear between the speakers would be less of a liability.

lowens 01-30-2013 05:51 PM

Steve:

For my system i would likely upgrade my masseto preamp before moving to shindo speaker cables, but do you mind me asking how much the shindo speaker cables cost per meter?

You have a fantastic system by the way, wow!

Larry

shindostevesan 01-30-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowens (Post 436175)
Steve:

For my system i would likely upgrade my masseto preamp before moving to shindo speaker cables, but do you mind me asking how much the shindo speaker cables cost per meter?

You have a fantastic system by the way, wow!

Larry

Thanks, Larry, for the system compliment.

They are a little more than $2K per meter.

dirtbag 01-30-2013 08:45 PM

WOW, at that price it IS a component upgrade.

I'm just about to order longer A23 cables. That's about all my budget can handle.