AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wilson Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Wilson Audio WAMM Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39872)

wpascoe 07-25-2017 01:46 PM

The analogue system in use that night was Ypsilon Hyperion amps, Ypsilon preamp, Ypsilon phono stage (with silver wiring), Continuum Caliburn 'table, SAT tonearm, Etna SL cart, and a combination of Transparent and Nordost cabling.

He has the D'Agostino M400 amps, the D'Agostino preamp and D'Agostino phono stage ready to swap any time he wants.

And yes, that's a full dCS Vivaldi stack.

The subwoofers are the new WAMM subs. He had the Thor's subs matched to his previous Alexandria XLF's, but they're gone now.

2fastdriving 07-25-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpascoe (Post 857885)
The analogue system in use that night was Ypsilon Hyperion amps, Ypsilon preamp, Ypsilon phono stage (with silver wiring), Continuum Caliburn 'table, SAT tonearm, Etna SL cart, and a combination of Transparent and Nordost cabling.

He has the D'Agostino M400 amps, the D'Agostino preamp and D'Agostino phono stage ready to swap any time he wants.

And yes, that's a full dCS Vivaldi stack.

The subwoofers are the new WAMM subs. He had the Thor's subs matched to his previous Alexandria XLF's, but they're gone now.

Wow...this guy is clearly in the stratosphere. That's incredible. I bet you have never heard anything even close to that before, am I right? Do unicorns fly around the room?:scratch2:

wpascoe 07-25-2017 01:58 PM

Actually, I have. First time I ever heard a sound like that was in a mutual friend's basement listening room. He was running the same 'table with darTZeel monoblocks and preamp into Alexandria XLF's.

You're right, they're both in the stratosphere. The good news for them is, they do this for a living. Everyone on this site has been reading their reviews for years.

2fastdriving 07-25-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpascoe (Post 857888)
Actually, I have. First time I ever heard a sound like that was in a mutual friend's basement listening room. He was running the same 'table with darTZeel monoblocks and preamp into Alexandria XLF's.

You're right, they're both in the stratosphere. The good news for them is, they do this for a living. Everyone on this site has been reading their reviews for years.

Ah, so you know Mr. Fremer :thumbsup:

He went to Alexx's I guess. Interesting move, maybe best for his room size?

wpascoe 07-25-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 857898)
Ah, so you know Mr. Fremer :thumbsup:

He went to Alexx's I guess. Interesting move, maybe best for his room size?

I haven't been in Michael's room since he made the switch to the Alexx's, but everyone I know who has heard them in his room agrees they are a better fit and sound better. Which means they must be awesome, because the rig I first heard at his place was gobsmackingly tremendous. The first cut he ever played for me was the Classic 45 RPM version of "Stairway to Heaven," and Robert Plant appeared to be hovering as an apparition right in front of me. I was hooked. :)

vintage_tube 07-25-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpascoe (Post 857861)
Attachment 51365

I went over to my friend's house again last Saturday night. The subwoofers have broken in, and the sound was even better.

No words can express what your friend experiences on a daily basis - all I know is that it would be one hell of a room to decompress after a very stressful day.

Talk about the artist playing thru your friends system, whether it be analog or digital, knocking on the front door so to speak -- hustling thru the hallway to set up their equipment and magically appear in full force.

Maybe in my afterlife -- but, for now I have what I worked for nearly 50 years and I too, love what I have amassed & even though retired, I decompress with a bit of Robert Plant knocking on my front door too.

Best Sir & thanks for the picture,:thumbsup:

Bob

Vhiner 07-25-2017 06:28 PM

Just curious. Are these in Virginia?

wpascoe 07-25-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhiner (Post 857968)
Just curious. Are these in Virginia?

No.

jax4736 07-25-2017 10:33 PM

This looks like Jacob's room (TAS). I recognize the setup from the many pictures.

vintage_tube 07-25-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jax4736 (Post 858025)
This looks like Jacob's room (TAS). I recognize the setup from the many pictures.

:yes:

Best Sir,

Bob