AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   McIntosh Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   McIntosh Customer Service (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46)

hkval 04-07-2009 04:23 PM

McIntosh Customer Service

I just had the absolute best customer service from Binghamton. I recently added the C500c/P and it is awesome. As it breaks in, it keeps getting better but that caused a minor problem. The base became deeper and fuller and that caused my grills on the XRT1K's to vibrate (buzz) at higher volume levels. I called Chuck and he immediately replied that they had recently become aware of the problem and already had a cure. They sent me a kit right away and after about 15 enjoyable minutes of replacing the Treelock studs with ones that have rubber washers, the problem is solved. Thanks also to John Messemer at McIntosh.

jdandy 04-07-2009 04:37 PM

The first line in the owner's manual sums it up best. "Congratulations, you now own the best." In my opinion, that also includes the best customer service in the audio industry.

It is very reassuring to call with a problem, discover that a cure has already been manufactured, and the parts arrive immediately, free of charge. It doesn't get any better than that. McIntosh really is the best.

Still-One 04-07-2009 04:37 PM

Howard
Are you sure it wasn't one of the pieces on the ledge above your equipment that was vibrating? :)

Jim

jdandy 04-07-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 523)
Howard
Are you sure it wasn't one of the pieces on the ledge above your equipment that was vibrating? :)

Jim

Jim.......Those vases would have to be attached to that ledge with velcro or double sided tape if that was my ledge.

hkval 04-07-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 523)
Howard

Jim

Absolutely positive. I could stop buzz by simply holding the frames of the grills and it was the same on both speakers.

jdandy 04-07-2009 07:23 PM

Howard.......Are those vases on the overhead ledge just sitting there? Is there a depression on top of that ledge to keep anything there from sliding off?

Still-One 04-07-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 586)
Howard.......Are those vases on the overhead ledge just sitting there? Is there a depression on top of that ledge to keep anything there from sliding off?

I have to be careful if I run the Porsche in the garage. One time the Waterford water glasses vibrated to the edge of a glass shelf. Just happened to catch the first one before it fell.

Masterlu 04-07-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillone (Post 587)
I have to be careful if I run the Porsche in the garage. One time the Waterford water glasses vibrated to the edge of a glass shelf. Just happened to catch the first one before it fell.

I can certainly relate to that. :yes:

hkval 04-07-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 586)

All items on the overhead ledge are quite heavy and have never moved. The floor under the speakers is solid cement with a tile surface and the studs for the entertainment center are 2x6's. I must admit that I never play heavy metal but I have been known to crank up the sound a bit for albums like "Hell Freezes Over" by the Eagles. I will watch them even more carefully now that the C500 is doing wonders for the bass. Thanks for caring and being so observant. I would welcome an onsite inspection and listening session from any of our members. Naples is a great winter vacation spot.

jdandy 04-07-2009 07:35 PM

Waterford Crystal can be difficult to replace, not to mention pricy.